V Folders deleted by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnavy2

Ocean Twp, Monmouth County, Central New Jersey
Hello all. Well when I first purchased my pro 197 I did not save what was already loaded on the radio. So all my V Folders were deleted. I did locate and got on the 20 files back on my hard drive in my pc. Now when I upload a V file then upload another V Folder it will overwrite the first file I unloaded. So my question is: how can I upload all the V FILES (1-20) at one time. So that way I will have all the V files again as it was orginially as when I first purchased the radio. Thanks..

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello all. Well when I first purchased my pro 197 I did not save what was already loaded on the radio. So all my V Folders were deleted. I did locate and got on the 20 files back on my hard drive in my pc. Now when I upload a V file then upload another V Folder it will overwrite the first file I unloaded. So my question is: how can I upload all the V FILES (1-20) at one time. So that way I will have all the V files again as it was orginially as when I first purchased the radio. Thanks..

Win500's "Virtual Scanner Management" tool will allow you to upload 1 V scanner folder at a time. If you select successive numbered V scanner locations each time you upload a folder, they will not be overwritten. The only way you can overwrite a V scanner folder is to upload another one to the same location again.

It will also let you upload all of them at once.

Not sure why you would want the factory folders taking up space in your scanner anyway, they are very, very much out of date, and of little use.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
FDX. Thanks for that information. Now I just to.figured out which one is for New Jersey.

According to the original factory files, these folders apply to New Jersey:

VS-17 Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey Shores
VS-18 North New Jersey, New York

But again, most radio systems have undergone drastic changes since those files were put together MANY years ago, and may not get you anywhere as far as receiving local coverage. Most folks that purchase those scanners just delete all of those factory V folders right away since they are so outdated.

Since you are a premium subscriber, you would be FAR better off downloading current info right here on Radio Reference and making your own - useable - V folders:

New Jersey Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.