V Folders For PSR 500 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have a PSR 500.

Have just updated the latest Firmware, and that seems to have gone well.
Really clear instructions.

I also downloaded from their site which had, I thought, the latest V Folders.

But, these seem to be for 2007 !

Are there downloadable newer ones available ?
Where and how, please ?

A quick thanks to everyone for all the previous help; much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Have a PSR 500.

Have just updated the latest Firmware, and that seems to have gone well.
Really clear instructions.

I also downloaded from their site which had, I thought, the latest V Folders.

But, these seem to be for 2007 !

Are there downloadable newer ones available ?
Where and how, please ?

A quick thanks to everyone for all the previous help; much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Those V scanner folders downloads are way out of date. For some cities and areas, they are totally useless now. The GRE download area says ver F1.3 dated 5/2008 is the newest they offer. I'd be very surprised if anything newer is available anywhere.

The database right here on RR is the most up to date source you will find anywhere.

If you purchased your PSR500 new, you already have the programming cable.

A very reasonably priced membership here, and a software package such as Win500, ARC500, or PSRedit500, will allow you to take advantage of some very powerful auto - programming features.

I understand from your previous posts that you are shying away from programming, but with a software package, and a premium membership here, it is really quite easy!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
It would be great if GRE would update the V-folders, but your best bet would still be to save areas you travel to or different scan options as separate V-folders that work for your needs. There are not too many scanner listeners that need V-folders for all 50 states, but having the option to override each existing V-folder and saving your own is neat!

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
V-Scanner Programming

I just went through this with my PSR-600. I'm using Butel software and created v-scan files for other states and then saved them by clicking on 'Save', then selected 'vscanner' from the type of file and save it. It took an e-mail to Butel to figure out how to name the v-scan folders using that software but I pretty much have figured out how to save the v-scan folders, name them and reload them. For the updates I would just down load from RR and save it that way. Probably faster and more up to date info... Progress at the speed of government!

Sprinter06

Crazy question.. Actually a couple... First does the RS 197 have the same software/firmware as the comparable unit in a GRE??? Are the prorgamming software(s) that are available compatible bewtween the same? Can you update a 197 with the GRE firmware or does it have to be strictly RS?

W6KRU

Crazy question.. Actually a couple... First does the RS 197 have the same software/firmware as the comparable unit in a GRE??? Are the prorgamming software(s) that are available compatible bewtween the same? Can you update a 197 with the GRE firmware or does it have to be strictly RS?

The software that can be used for Pro106/197 and PSR-500/600 programming is the same. The firmware for GRE and RS models can't be interchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.