• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.31 G2-G5 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Everything upgraded, however the software won't log into RR. I am getting invalid username and password.

cpg178

Ive noticed some improved reception inside my house, currently stuck on downloading the RR database for the past 10 minutes.

cpg178

Now it says invalid UN or Password and when I click offline PPS crashes. Not a big deal as I already have what I need programmed but wanted to see how it worked

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
My RR import works fine. All the way through. Win7. I guess YMMV.
However, what I REALLY wanted to see fixed was the problem where when you plug in the radio into the Amplified Charger, the secondary UHF band receives properly with the external roof antenna attached. No change yet. :(

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Was able to get RR to load but was unable to log in. ...but was able to use the offline feature and it worked well!

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Upgrade here on Win10 all works fine, Firmware went flawlessly and sounds good, RR Import is awesome :)
RR Import does take a bit on the first run, I suggest going to get a cup of coffee and sitting back, but it works well, no option to not download encrypted talkgroups that I can see, and you will still need to set up zone/channels
2020-12-22_19-30-49.png

tpp517

Premium Subscriber
Update went fine, still watching the preparing the data spin for RR

Did a quick reboot and all is well, RR feature is awesome!

Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity
Firmware Version: V1.31
PPS Version: V03.16.21
Device software (V1.31) and programming software (V03.16.21) includes numerous bug fixes to
correct issues and optimize performance. An overview of the changes included in this release are outlined
below.
Bug/Issue Fixes:
• Fixed problems with conventional VHF QCII alerting
• Fixed issue causing P25C QCII Stacked Paging Decode Failure
• Fixed issue where TGID hold timer would only count down when the pager screen is active
• Fixed issue that caused pager to crash when changing knob positions in some zones
• Fixed issue where pager would not connect to PPS while screen off & would not charge until the screen turned on
• Fixed issue where pager would randomly reset when programmed with a large programming file
• Fixed issue in PPS that caused software to shut down when attempting to write a profile to pager
• Fixed issue when a P25 TG is received, and voice transmission is over, the squelch that opened speaker kept speaker
on with a hissing sound
• Fixed issue causing pager to lock up while navigating the settings menu
• Fixed lost audio issues, where received message audio would not play through speaker and recorded messages
would not play back
• Fixed issue of pager receiving messages while powered off and charging (Green LED flashes and screen lights up
showing "charging full")
• Fixed issue where pager decoded while powered off in the Amp Charger
• Fixed issue where during off duty state the voice record would continue for 10 minutes
• Fixed issue when 2-tone is sent from P25 Conventional channel on console, after tones end during hang time a
different TGID and ID is seen on the screen and the pager reset
• Various other under the hood fixes and improvements to optimize performance
PPS Changes/ Feature Modifications:
• Added “Factory Setting” function that allows user to reset pager to original factory settings
• Added new Radio Reference import process (for Radio Reference premium members)
Is there a link to what 1.31 does vs 1.3 and what’s the fixes are ?

blackbelter

Upgraded to 1.3.1 and the new PPS with no issues. My G5 seems to capture the CC faster than being on 1.3.
Thank you Unication.

Status
Not open for further replies.