• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.31 G2-G5 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

N6ML

I should not have get rid of a complex password just to make this software work. Every other program that imports for RR works just fine with my semi-complex password.

I wasn't suggesting it as a solution. I was suggesting it as an experiment to try to narrow in on the problem. The more detail we can report about the problem, the more likely it is to get fixed (sooner). So-far, we don't seem to have identified anything in common between those who are experiencing the problem vs. those who are not....

Last edited:

lifeson

Premium Subscriber
Upgrade here on Win10 all works fine, Firmware went flawlessly and sounds good, RR Import is awesome :)
RR Import does take a bit on the first run, I suggest going to get a cup of coffee and sitting back, but it works well, no option to not download encrypted talkgroups that I can see, and you will still need to set up zone/channels
View attachment 95824
mine crashes. this is what it says. thanks for any help!
1608928355325.png

floridafuzz

Looking for some suggestions. I was able to download the new PPS into my computer no problem. It even detected my profiles from the previous version of the PPS I have been using and was able to import them in from the computer.
I am now unable to update the firmware on my G5's as the computer does not connect to either radio. It shows no connection between the computer and the radio. I have tried 2 different cables that I have, no luck. I also tried to connect to the previous version of the PPS that I was using. No Luck. I am running Windows 10 Home, version 20H2, OS build 19042.685, Windows feature experience pack 120.2212.551.0 .
Your thoughts

N6ML

Looking for some suggestions. I was able to download the new PPS into my computer no problem. It even detected my profiles from the previous version of the PPS I have been using and was able to import them in from the computer.
I am now unable to update the firmware on my G5's as the computer does not connect to either radio. It shows no connection between the computer and the radio. I have tried 2 different cables that I have, no luck. I also tried to connect to the previous version of the PPS that I was using. No Luck. I am running Windows 10 Home, version 20H2, OS build 19042.685, Windows feature experience pack 120.2212.551.0 .
Your thoughts

Download and install the driver (not PPS) from Downloads- G2-G5 P25 Voice Pager | Unication USA

trido

Premium Subscriber
One guy told me for him with this error he just minimize it the error message and goes on and PPS works?

When trying to open radioreference import option my PPS crashes any ideas on how to prevent it from crashing? I am running Windows 10 on a fairly new HP netbook, I have attached the error message I get

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Hi updated everything, no problems except for I still don’t know how to program it myself. I just don’t understand it compared to what I’m used to with Sentinel. Maybe I’ll figure it out one day

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I've updated two G5 and one G4 with no issues. Then tried to update another G4 and keep getting this error:
A network error occurred while attempting to communicate with target. Please unplug and Reinsert USB cable and retry updating. If same error occurs again, please contact your support personnel for assistance.(0xFDB3)
I've rebooted PC, changed cables, tried a battery pull, downloaded the firmware again…and still get the error. The G4 is on firmware V1.10. Is there an intervening firmware I need to apply before applying V1.31?
At a loss…and any suggestions appreciated!

N6ML

I've updated two G5 and one G4 with no issues. Then tried to update another G4 and keep getting this error:
A network error occurred while attempting to communicate with target. Please unplug and Reinsert USB cable and retry updating. If same error occurs again, please contact your support personnel for assistance.(0xFDB3)
I've rebooted PC, changed cables, tried a battery pull, downloaded the firmware again…and still get the error. The G4 is on firmware V1.10. Is there an intervening firmware I need to apply before applying V1.31?
At a loss…and any suggestions appreciated!

Hmm, I've never tried to upgrade from V1.10 to V1.3x :unsure:

When it's connected, do you see a "Unication USB Ethernet/RNDIS" device under "Network adapters" in Windows Device Manager?

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, I've never tried to upgrade from V1.10 to V1.3x :unsure:

When it's connected, do you see a "Unication USB Ethernet/RNDIS" device under "Network adapters" in Windows Device Manager?
No…but it prompts me to "allow" that connection and I respond affirmatively. Just tried again and it gets a bit further before failing, this time with 0xFFDF error code. Maybe I should reload the driver?

N6ML

No…but it prompts me to "allow" that connection and I respond affirmatively. Just tried again and it gets a bit further before failing, this time with 0xFFDF error code. Maybe I should reload the driver?

What exactly does the prompt say?

I'd try to find any device that appears in Device Manger (e.g. under "Ports") when you connect it, uninstall that device (right-click on it), then install the driver from: Downloads- G2-G5 P25 Voice Pager | Unication USA

floridafuzz

The first error that I got when trying to update the firmware on my G5 was similar to or exactly( 0xFDB3 ). I didn't write it down so I am not 100% sure. Does your unit show as being a connected device when you plug it in? That was my problem and I reached out and N6ML suggested that I download the driver as he has stated in his above post. KUDOS to N6ML!! That fixed my problem. My device connected with the driver download and I was able to update successfully.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I've now tried three different PCs and I'm getting the same error. The driver starts but then fails with a code 10. At this point I'm convinced the USB port on the G4 is damaged/compromised. I've sent Ray Zimmerman info on this…we'll see what transpires. Thanks to N6ML and floridafuzz for their contributions.

N6ML

I've now tried three different PCs and I'm getting the same error. The driver starts but then fails with a code 10. At this point I'm convinced the USB port on the G4 is damaged/compromised. I've sent Ray Zimmerman info on this…we'll see what transpires. Thanks to N6ML and floridafuzz for their contributions.

Were you able to get it to show up under Network Devices?

I wonder if the new driver is incompatible with the V1.10 firmware. You may have to uninstall the driver, then install the version of PPS that came with the V1.10 firmware (PPS v0.3.14.10, I believe), then do the firmware upgrade, then the PPS upgrade.

Last edited:

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
It's possible that the V1.31 firmware updater is not compatible with the V1.10 firmware, so you may need to upgrade to V1.20 first. I don't know.

If you still have the version of PPS that came with the V1.10 firmware (I don't remember what version that was), try to use it to talk to the G4 - e.g. you could "Read Profile from Device" (tab C3), to see if it works without breaking anything. If that works, it'd suggest that the USB port is OK, and that you may need to go through the V1.20 firmware as a step to V1.3x.
I would try that, but the driver won't stay in an enabled state long enough to do a read. Watching device manager, the driver fails with the code 10 (on all three machines) within 5-10 seconds of starting.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
Were you able to get it to show up under Network Devices?

I wonder if the new driver is incompatible with the V1.10 firmware. You may have to uninstall the driver, then install the version of PPS that came with the V1.10 firmware (PPS v0.3.14.10, I believe), then do the firmware upgrade, then the PPS upgrade.
Actually, as far as I can tell, there is only one version of the driver. V1.0.0.0 dated 7/24/2014. I just found a V1.20 firmware library…maybe I'll try that next.

floridafuzz

Actually, as far as I can tell, there is only one version of the driver. V1.0.0.0 dated 7/24/2014. I just found a V1.20 firmware library…maybe I'll try that next.
I googled your error code.
Maybe this article will help:

The Code 10 error is one of several Device Manager error codes. It's generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device, a situation usually caused by outdated or corrupted drivers. A device may also receive a Code 10 error if a driver generates an error that Device Manager doesn't understand.

How to Fix Error Code 10 (This Device Cannot Start) - Lifewire

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
I googled your error code.
Maybe this article will help:

The Code 10 error is one of several Device Manager error codes. It's generated when Device Manager can't start the hardware device, a situation usually caused by outdated or corrupted drivers. A device may also receive a Code 10 error if a driver generates an error that Device Manager doesn't understand.
How to Fix Error Code 10 (This Device Cannot Start) - Lifewire
Thanks. Getting that code on three different machines indicates it's the "doesn't understand" case and most likely a bad pager USB port. Ray Zimmerman agrees at this point…so off for service it will go. Again, thanks to N6ML and you for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.