SDR# V4 R828D RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered an RTL-SDR V4 R828D RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio Dongle, I am using an old DVB-T+DAB+FM Dongle now with AIRSPY SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919.

I am hoping the new dongle will work better. Also was wondering if I need to change anything in SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919 to get the v4 dongle to work, or do I just plug in the new dongle, and it will work with SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919.
Thanks for any information you may have for me.
Steve

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Think the drivers need to be updated then it should work.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I just ordered an RTL-SDR V4 R828D RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio Dongle, I am using an old DVB-T+DAB+FM Dongle now with AIRSPY SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919.

I am hoping the new dongle will work better. Also was wondering if I need to change anything in SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919 to get the v4 dongle to work, or do I just plug in the new dongle, and it will work with SDR# Studio v1.0.0.1919.
Thanks for any information you may have for me.
Steve
What do you mean by “work better”? What issues are you having?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Think the drivers need to be updated then it should work.

Thank you for the information and the link to the driver. I will wait until I get the new v4 dongle before going any further.
Steve
Think he is referring to the cheap 10 dollar china dongle many of us started with. You know, the ones that drifted off freq, lol
Yes exactly, Problems with drifting and I would like to get something for hf also and more Up To Date, I have SDRPlay RSPdx, but would like something for another computer I have sitting around doing nothing.
Steve.

Dirk_SDR

Are you sure that "RTL-SDR V4 R828D RTL2832U 1PPM TCXO SMA Software Defined Radio Dongle", that Saint bought, is the same as "RTL-SDR  Blog V4" ???
There are many dongles named "V4" ...