V8000 (image) where does PL go on software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcomm

Hi,

I am sitting here with the computer programming a Icom V-8000. I am trying to tell WHERE to put the PL tone, does it go in the RPT column or in the CTCSS column?

There is a photo below. As you can see, I have put the PL in the "RPT" column but I may be wrong. Your help is appreciated!!

let me clarify..........

When putting ham freqs in, I can choose TONE or TONE SQL, and I am not sure which I am supposed to use.

Thanks
best

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 337
  • sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

mm

The transmit tone goes in the TONE box and if your systems uses receive tones then enter a receive tone in the box marked TSQL for tone squelch (receiver) or just leave the receive TSQL blank.

I don't know why so many manufacturers have become so cryptic and do this when they could just as easily name them TRANSMIT TONE and RECEIVER TONE, now how easy could that be huh ?

It probably has something to do with most software engineers being Microsaoft savy and we all know how much utterly cryptic crap Microsoft software engineers can come up with.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
I don't have that particular radio or programming software.

I doubt it goes in the RPT column. I think that determines simplex or repeater offset.

If you look at your 2nd pix you will see TONE which means the transmitter transmitts PL but the receiver is CSQ.

The TSQL means the transmitter and receiver are both in PL.

The DTCS means both are in digital PL.

User/programmer selects.
~~~~

Slow typist:)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Right. There are a very few radios that you can put a different PL in RX and TX or only in RX.

I have a Motorola that I use that has DPL in TX and PL in RX.

fineshot1

If you choose "Tone" that is ctcss encode and goes in the RPT column.

If you choose "Tone Squelch" that is ctcss encode/decode and goes in the "CTCSS" column.

EDIT: Oh and DTCS is digital tone squelch just so you know if its needed for any of your programing.

Last edited:

emcomm

What about if I just want to monitor a frequency, i.e. fire dept., which I will not talk on, but I want a PL on it so I don't get other stuff coming through, do I just use "tone"?

fineshot1

What about if I just want to monitor a frequency, i.e. fire dept., which I will not talk on, but I want a PL on it so I don't get other stuff coming through, do I just use "tone"?

You would use the "Tone SQL" and "CTCSS" column in order to be in decode so you won't
hear all that other trash. Since that will be out of band for amateur usage the radio will not
transmit so nothing to worry about.

W2NJS

Just for the record, all current Motorola HTs allow you to program different tone codes for TX and RX, the apparent reason being to keep trolls from kerchunking the PS repeater because only the repeater's transmit tone is published. DPLs are usually the same for both TX and RX.

To answer the last question above, no, you set up the radio for tone PL if you want the tone to open up your receiver AND transmit the tone INTO the repeater, and just tone if you only want to send the tone into the repeater to key it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.