Va. Beach 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone noticing the poor signal Va. Beach is sending. A lot of flutter and in some cases my scanner cannot lock and hold the signal. The flutter almost wipes out the audio. This is true with my BCT15 in the vehicle and my other connected to a roof top antenna.

Anyone else?

bep

Premium Subscriber
Well this AM it seems to have really cleared up. Yesterday 0 bars were showing, today a steady three bars.

Got me.

SCPD

QRT
bep.... Oceanfront units were dispatched the other day for a hotel fire in the north end... It turned out to be a grass fire. The Batt Chief asked dispatch if there were radio problems because there was alot of static on the radio's at that part of the city. He also told all units on tac 3 that the radio's were static. I live close to the tower on plaza trail so I hear them loud and clear all of the time. A few exception's are when a thunderstorm comes thru the area and the radio's have that static, but it always clears up in about a day. When they have calls down south (E5,E6,E13) I get that static. I think that is from them switching to the tower behind station 13.

Mark

bep

Premium Subscriber
I recall from the past there is a remote repeater somewhere in the 31St oceanfront area. When it goes down the north end/oceanfront suffers. This incident happened prior to the storm. You are lucky to be in your area getting everything loud and clear.

SCPD

QRT
Last night I had one radio on fire and another radio on police... noise kept coming across BOTH radios that sounded like feedback. Even the dispatcher's were having a hard time talking to units. I got tired of the noise and turned both radio's off.

Mark

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Static

The same thing is happen to Portsmouth radios and in Suffolk were i'm a medic too sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.