Va. Beach Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bep

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that I am missing some communication transmissions on the fire side. I have been monitoring for years with no problems. I have noticed this many times in the past month or so. Since it is a trunked system I am assuming they have added some new frequencies.

I have checked my scanners and they are programmed with the frequency information listed on RR.

The BCT 15 is programmed with just the control channels, and my other two are programmed with each individual frequency. I notice these "missed" transmissions on all my scanners.

Any ideas?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Wondering if they are working on re-banding. The current CC is 860.4875 which does require changing as does CC 860.7375, VC 860.4625 and VC 860.7125. However, I would think this should be on all system talkgroups, not just fire.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Could they have changed talk groups? If PD is still working normally I would say that is more the possibility than rebanding or new frequencies.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Could they have changed talk groups? If PD is still working normally I would say that is more the possibility than rebanding or new frequencies.
Agreed. Don't often monitor VB but currently all talkgroups appear ok since my post above though not all FD tac's have been used.

SCPD

QRT
All tac channels work fine on my 246T.... EMS was using Tac 10 for hospital assignments. 13 is also good. Hear the FMO office with no problem. Ch 15 1s active with Currituck calling, and PD using it for RPP tows. The 600 units are still coming thru on Invest 1 & 2.

Mark

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
if they do a simulcast on FD command and ems command some folks have reported missed comms but I monitor VB 800 dailey and have no changes in the system, but they are installing new digital radios in all city vehicles this summer. Have not heard anything on new APCO 25 system

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
VB P25 system waiver is for 12/31/2010. Look for Reference Number 1055. Should be re-banded to 15MHz below at same time.

SCPD

QRT
Been listening to my 246 & 898 for the last three hours and picking up all traffic. Someone posted two other id's for when Fire & EMS are dispatched together, but I can not find the thread.

SCPD

QRT
B3,E16,L16 on Tac 3 with a smell of smoke. All comms are coming thru. Call is on Briar Court.

W4UVV

new rebanding frequencies?

Va. Beach now is licensed with new 800 trs frequencies(WPXJ737). Is this a result of a rebanding effort replacing all the previously licensed trs frequencies under WNAU439 or is it in addition to the currently licensed frequencies under WNAU439? My guess is rebanding and replacement but I have no way of confirming.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> Va. Beach now is licensed with new 800 trs frequencies (WPXJ737) .

That license covers the current ITAC channels, as well as their replacments once rebanding takes place.

If someone thinks they are missing some communications, and it is confirmed that dispatch is sometimes using talkgroup patching or multi-select, I would check to see if I have the status bit setting correctly set for the particular trunked system.

Last edited:

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Although I don't have one, I took a quick look through the PSR 500 manual and didn't see any mention of a status bit setting.

I presume the 500 is like the Pro 96 / 2096, which also did not have a user-defined setting. Both of the Pros adjusted for the status bit automatically when receiving talkgroup I-Ds on a Motorola 3600-baud control channel.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Jeff,

The PSR's may pick up a status bit during Wildcard Private Group setting. My system doesn't use PL and often don't monitor anything else other then STARS or my system in Suffolk.

Status
Not open for further replies.