Not open for further replies.

bep

Premium Subscriber
Tuesday morning this was just announced to VAB Fire and EMS:

Do not switch your radios over until advised by your dispatcher

Any ideas?

SCPD

QRT
The BIG switch... Norfolk is not far behind. Almost all their radio's have been reprogrammed also.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
They are running live right now, all tg are posted on ORION, Police and Sheriff only

Last edited:

bep

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick update.
Well I am going to have a few analog scanner sitting around AND I guess its time for a new unit in the vehicle.

SCPD

QRT
Mike.. We got back all our radio's (5000's) They could even program the 2500's which I thought were outdated. So the system should be up and running real soon?

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have heard no time schedule for Norfolk... they will NOT be using ORIONS backbone they will most likely take a few channels away till the switch, gonna have to make a few calls, Fire and EMS are dispatching now

FJB2022

Premium Subscriber
Anybody using a Psr500, pro 197, or pro 106 to scan VA Beaches new system and if so does it sound good? I have 2 and both sound really bad to the point i can't hear anything at all while in VA Beach or the surrounding cities. Im using PSR edit, I have it set to P25 auto and im getting a decode rate ranging from 85% to 99%.

KJ4BGI

It appears that the issue is with the new consoles that had to be installed to support the digital system. Transmissions from the mobiles and portables come in clear.

SCPD

QRT
Still simulcasting as of 08:00 today. Also one of my co-workers called me yesterday and said Portsmouth has gone digital also. I do not have that system in my radio. Has Portsmouth made the move?

FJB2022

Premium Subscriber
It appears that the issue is with the new consoles that had to be installed to support the digital system. Transmissions from the mobiles and portables come in clear.

I can hardly hear anyone on Va Beach's new system or Orion. The thing that confuses me is i can pick up Hampton crystal clear, State Police clear with a Motorola 700/800mhz antenna, and VA Beach are are on the same version Smartzone system. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.