VA DX here in NJ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Last night I was laying in bed listening to the scanner, and I was searching for control channels with the PRO 2096. I put one in, only to find out it was Chesapeake, VA's P25 800 MHz system. I verified the system ID on RR, and was shocked. I picked up the system at home here in Toms River, NJ. I have heard about people picking up California on VHF here, but DX 800 MHz? I was shocked!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Not a surprise under the right conditions. I was copying the Delaware 800 MHz State System from Cape Cod a few weeks ago using my R2500 and UniTrunker. Fun stuff.

Joseph11

The DX last night was incredible. I logged Ashokie, NC Police and Edgecombe County, NC Sheriff Dispatch.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi again,

NOW you have something to write home about! I missed out on that one, I was so crapped out around 5:00pm that I went to bed and slept through it. (;->) Keep your weather eye out, whenever a front moves through you can expect our famous coastal ducting to take place but not always so don't be disapointed if nothing happens.

Oh Joseph, Ashokie sounds like the sound you make when drowning. (;->) Well, Manasquan means "stream of the island of squaws" so now watch someone from NC get even.

One final thought, can you record tropo with duct tape?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.