VA Northern Indiana Health Care System Hospital in Marion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to find some frequencies in use at this facility. I've searched the FCC database as well as RR; Can't find a thing.

ecps92

VA aka Veterans Administration would be Federal and not handled by the FCC but the NTIA
Not being in the RRDB or Wiki is generally a. No one has found them or b. No one has made a submission

Since Federal, you have two [maybe a 3rd] locations to search
162-174 at 12.5 khz steps or 400-420 at 12.5 khz steps.

The other thought is they have rented from a local radio shop and/or are a guest on a Municipal/County/State Trunk [rare but..]
I'm trying to find some frequencies in use at this facility. I've searched the FCC database as well as RR; Can't find a thing.

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
In the late 1990's the Security Officers used 168.0000 repeater and there was another repeater in the 163 or 164 range but I cannot remember exactly. I moved away from the area and could no longer hear them.

west-pac

167.8625 seems to be in use, and is a common VA frequency around the US. A digital repeater squawks every couple minutes, and an analog CW ID occurs every 30 minutes or so.

west-pac

What NAC ?

Sitting on that frequency for hours I never caught any traffic, just a repeater blip every few minutes and the analog CW ID at :20 and :50 past the hour.

As I tuned to that frequency I caught a P25 Phase 1 NAC:293 TG:1 signal, but as my SDR has a 1-2 second lag between selecting the frequency, and when the scope and waterfall catch up, I'm not sure if it was on that particular frequency; but like I said, after fully seated on that freq for hours I never caught any actual radio traffic.

ecps92

$293 is common NAC [default] but is also the most common with the VA's 0 altho some detour to others
My local uses that freq as an input still
Sitting on that frequency for hours I never caught any traffic, just a repeater blip every few minutes and the analog CW ID at :20 and :50 past the hour.

As I tuned to that frequency I caught a P25 Phase 1 NAC:293 TG:1 signal, but as my SDR has a 1-2 second lag between selecting the frequency, and when the scope and waterfall catch up, I'm not sure if it was on that particular frequency; but like I said, after fully seated on that freq for hours I never caught any actual radio traffic.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Wherever they are, at a minimum, we should find a channel for their security police! There is a large tower on campus, so I imagine it's for some regional system. I may have to "camp out" on my next trip up there.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Also to clarify, on CONVENTIONAL P25 there is no Phase 1 or 2 as the Phase 2 protocol (TDMA 2 slot) only applies to trunked systems. SO its just standard P25 FDMA. Currently only the DMR format has TDMA on conventional. IMHO its a oversite on APCO's part to never have also came up with an plan for this option on conventional also. There are also a couple of VA facilities that have installed LTR (possibly converted by now to MotoTRBO DMR or NexEDGE NXDN) trunking systems . You can also do a search in the 380 - 410 MHz ranges to see if they might be piggybacking on one of the military/federal systems. Here in Indy, the VAMC Police have a dedicated 400 MHz freq, as well as full access to our local TRS, and the SAFE-T system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.