Va STARS and PRO106

Status
Not open for further replies.

richrisdon

Premium Subscriber
I was running my PRO 96 last night and heard all the VA State Police in the area but nothing came out of the PRO 106.I am listening to Div 7. I re loaded the RS106 using win500 but still hear nothing. I have the type set for P25 Auto. I looked at both scanners and have the same frequencies and talk groups in both Scanners. Can anyone help Me

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I think the common mistakes are not having the scanlist turned on or not having the TG's assigned to the right scanlist. Can you confirm both of those are correct?

richrisdon

Premium Subscriber
I looked at both scanners and have the same frequencies and talk groups in both Scanners. I an scanning Alex, Fairfax, Arlington and they all come in fine. STARs works with the PRO96 but still not on the PRO106.

You said to make sure the scanlist turned on. Are you talking about the Scanner or the WIN500 Software. Sorry i am really confused why one scanner works and the other will not pickup anything. Do I need to put in the information for the Custom Table like i had to do with the Pro96?

K4APR

I had the same problem when I first got my 106. Start by adding in a wildcard talkgroup and see if you start to get activity. From there, you can assign the various loaded talkgroups to the system. The WIN500 software makes it's a breeze.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Attach your p500 file for a look to see how you've set your scanner. My bet is as Todd stated, during Import, you missed assigning a Scanlist for STARS.

richrisdon

Premium Subscriber
Frank thank for you help, Here is my file I hope you will be able to help

Attachments

• 20111013File.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Highpockets

I condensed your file a little, just so you can look at it. Eliminated dupe TSYS, added TG's to the other TSYS. I had some time to play so I just fooled with your file. :)

Nice being retired isn't it fmon! :D

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I condensed your file a little, just so you can look at it. Eliminated dupe TSYS, added TG's to the other TSYS. I had some time to play so I just fooled with your file. :)

Nice being retired isn't it fmon! :D
Yup, my first reply was in my brides rehab room on laptop. last is here at home on desktop.

She's doing very well, BTW. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.