VA STARS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway702

On the radio ref database for VSP I do not see a Culpeper tower listed, there is a large tower located at Division 2 headquarters in Culpeper but not listed?

kainixon2187

Premium Subscriber
On the radio ref database for VSP I do not see a Culpeper tower listed, there is a large tower located at Division 2 headquarters in Culpeper but not listed?
That tower is licensed for the following frequencies: ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQIW815 - VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF STATE POLICE - Frequencies Summary. It's also licensed to a microwave system. Maybe someone in the area can check those frequencies out and see if it's a STARS site.

anelson5004

I am trying to monitor Va state police and during the middle of them transmitting at times the audio just disappears and it still counts until the transmission is over. I have a Whistler Trx2 connected by an outdoor antenna. It doesn't do this all the time, just every once in awhile. When audio disappears, it doesn't show Encrypted or make a busy signal like it supposed to. Any help would greatly be appreciated.Va Stars 1.pngVa Stars 2.png

TJX400

I am trying to monitor Va state police and during the middle of them transmitting at times the audio just disappears and it still counts until the transmission is over. I have a Whistler Trx2 connected by an outdoor antenna. It doesn't do this all the time, just every once in awhile. When audio disappears, it doesn't show Encrypted or make a busy signal like it supposed to. Any help would greatly be appreciated.View attachment 119334View attachment 119335

I would assume that it's just loosing enough signal to intelligibly decode the data. That's what happens with the Unidens too. Similar to analog squelch if that comparison makes any sense. Not much you can do about it unless you get a higher gain or directional antenna.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone found what Talkgroups VOEMS is using? Saw one of their vehicles with a vhf coil antenna yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.