VA STARS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Hello neighbor state,
I have a question concerning the STARS system and the new Uniden scanners. (436 & 536)
I know when the scanners first hit the market, the was a flurry of threads talking about how it would not work.
I was just wondering if the was ever a fix for it.

Thanks in advance

resqpig

I recently received my 436 and entered the zip for my area and it downloaded VA STARS and it operates very well. I have tweaked it on Sentinel and enjoy listening. The RR Database is the most up to date.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Same here, 436 has worked great on STARS right out of the box. Never had any issues and other than a few minor tweaks just to play around with it, haven't had to do anything to it.

John

Premium Subscriber
I believe the latest firmware fixed the issues some STARS sites had. Before the fix it would work but it required some manual changes in the settings on the scanner. Either way it worked but finding the changes needed for took some time so initially it would not work out of the box for some specific sites.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
If I remember right it seemed to be a lot of the NE VA sites where people had problems. Either way if it got fixed I'm glad for the people who were having issues with it.

n4yek

Thanks to you all, I was just curious. I read a thread the had a lot of complaints about the scanner. I am glad that issue was resolved for them that did have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.