VA STARS site 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where the STARS site 26 is? I am coming through the area (Halifax County) and it’s signal is fluctuating but pretty strong on my HT on Cody Rd. between 501 and Stage Coach Rd. / E Gretna Rd.

After turning on stage coach rd. / Gretna Rd and coming into Pittsylvania County the signal dropped off pretty quickly.

Anyone know?

W4UVV

Off topic FYI....I don't have a location for Site 26 but approximately 3 years ago I posted the location of STARS Site 29 as the I77 Rest Stop in Carroll Co. on the VA forum but the database still has not been updated to reflect such.

John
W4UVV

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Off topic FYI....I don't have a location for Site 26 but approximately 3 years ago I posted the location of STARS Site 29 as the I77 Rest Stop in Carroll Co. on the VA forum but the database still has not been updated to reflect such.
Unless that info is not actually correct and was thus not added, I think it's time for another submission! I would have driven right by the site yesterday on my way home. I can take a listen next time I'm up in Carroll...

W4UVV

Unless that info is not actually correct and was thus not added, I think it's time for another submission! I would have driven right by the site yesterday on my way home. I can take a listen next time I'm up in Carroll...
----------
I also have driven by the site..........literally. At the time I had visited my son in Mooresville, NC and was enroute to Bristol, VA. I had planned to exit to the I77 rest area but was focused on watching out for tailgating traffic and missed the exit and did not want to climb the mountain, turn around and drive back down. At the top of Fancy Gap I noticed a number of VSP and county units because of the Memorial Day weekend. I exited onto a main county road and then onto it's shoulder. I was in the process of setting up for Pro96Com when I noticed a SO vehicle in the distance. I had to shut down immediately as I knew he would stop and ask if needed help & if not expect me to move on. I did not have the extra time to remain in the area and had to leave.

The I77 Rest Stop STARS site was one of 10 new STARS sites planned for installation and was specifically listed in an earlier VSP document which was for the purpose of improving poor STARS comms at selected locations. Many of these new STARS sites were located in SW VA

Definitely someone closer needs to do a Pro96Com analysis of the site.

John
W4UVV

kg4pbd

John
W4UVV
Site 29 is listed in the travel reference for STARS as Lambsburg. I'm driving through Fancy Gap Friday and was going to check, when I went to add it I realized I already had that site id programmed as Lambsburg.

beastieboy101

Could this site 26 be in the area near the Mecklenburg/Halifax Co line? My parents have a retirement home across Buggs Island Lake from Clarksville, VA. I can run Pro96Com when I am down next time. I have a WS1040. Wanted to see if the new Phase 2 Mecklenburg TRS is only TDMA. Here in Prince William Co the Phase 2 TRS is only using TDMA on school talkgroups. PD & FD are still FDMA Phase 1. But I know that will probably eventually change to all TDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.