VaBeach Norfolk Area - New Federal 380 Sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBMTS

A new federal 380 trunking has been discovered in the Norfolk / VaBeach area. Corn reported a new system in the "Oceana Air Show" thread, I have discovered nearby system on 386.2250Mhz. It is showing a system ID of 14C which is the US Dept Of Defense P25 system. The site ID is showing 302. No voice traffic at this time. The system is full strength from the north end of VaBeach.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I'm able to get a signal (Weak) in Portsmouth. Showing 386.2250 as control and 386.0750 as an alternate.
Not getting any decode rate in northeast Suffolk, but getting 92% on VB 800. The DOD tower may be at Dam Neck

Have an available scanlist so when out and about will set and try my mobile PSR-600 with the DOD 385 system.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Frank, let me know if you get anything. I have my Navy drill the first weekend of October. I'm Navy Security at Oceana, which also patrols Dam Neck. If you can't get anything, I'll take the 396XT to work with me and go on a scavenger hunt.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Frank, let me know if you get anything. I have my Navy drill the first weekend of October. I'm Navy Security at Oceana, which also patrols Dam Neck. If you can't get anything, I'll take the 396XT to work with me and go on a scavenger hunt.
Great, those folks at the beach should be collecting data soon for the system, 14C should be in one of these systems.
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database+
386.2250 is a CC for NAS Jax but could still be used here.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for checking on this. From the ramp at NAS Oceana i had an S-5 signal coming from this CC on 386.225 (not .125 like i suggested earlier, memory lapsing). I also never had any voice on it after programming it in. Maybe some changes coming for the Naval facilities there in reguards to the LMR bands.

scoot99

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing the control channel on 386.225 from the Eastern Shore at about S4. Sounds like it's just idling today, with no testing noted, perhaps not surprising in view of the weather. Nil hrd on other freqs thus far.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Was at Oceana today and was only receiving the Control channel at about S2, went over to Little Creek later in the day and was receiving at full strength.

RBMTS

I concur about Little Creek. I did some driving around today also. I took that antennal off the 396 and was still receiving a signal at Little Creek base. NOB had nothing and Ft. Story had nothing. So you are definately correct about Little Creek. I'm still seeing the SysID as 14C and a 0302 as the site ID. While this is the US Dept Of Defense networked system, my guess is that they don't have it networked yet and therefore why it is showing the same site ID as one of the locations in California. Maybe as they bring it online the site ID will change.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for checking Ft. Story. My next guess was going to be a system designed for the Joint Expeditionary Bases- Little Creek/Ft. Story. I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.