Vacationing at Smith Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaxon

I'm from Mississippi and just spent the week at Smith Lake. I programmed one of my scanners to all Alabama using RR data. Both digital and others. I didn't hear much of anything all week. AHP, sheriff, local. Just a little from double springs. Scanner works great in Mississippi . Anyone know what I may have done wrong ?
Oh, the fishing was great . Big, big , big
Thanks
Mmaxon

morganAL

Around Smith Lake there isn't a whole lot of stuff to listen to. There is usually some US Forrest Service activity, local Sheriff and probably local Vol Fire. There isn't much digital in the area that I am aware of. Depending on where you were on the lake you might have been able to receive Cullman SO and Vol Fire and they are digital.

morganAL

Yeah, kind of a quiet little area. Winston Co SO and Winston Co VFD. Both are pretty quiet (or they were last time I listened). No idea on Highway Patrol up through your route. They are fairly active here in the northern part of the state.

emcom

Were you listening on 155.505 for the Alabama Troopers? Thats the freq. in RR database for the Tuscaloosa post which would cover I-59 toward Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.