Valencia CountyEMS dispatch for Socorro County

Status
Not open for further replies.

udden

Hi Folks,

Can anybody suggest why Valencia County Dispatch does the
dispatching for Northern Socorro County ?

Tonite, Valencia dispatched an ambulance and rescue to the trailer park
at mile marker 175 on I-25 --- that is clearly in Socorro County and not
Valencia county.

Does Socorro County have a central dispatch for fire/rescue and ambulance?

Best,

Bob

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand Valencia covers nothern Socorro. When I was up there they had a fatal about 5 miles S of the county line and Valencia dispatched the call. I drove right by it on the way up there and it wasn't a good site. Green pick-up, ranger i think it was, was about 10 feet off the side of the road, on it's side, with papers and cloths everywhere.

But sence I don't live up there and only go every once in a wile I don't really know.

ke5nkg

The reason they dispatched a call for Socorro County is because Socorro only has 2 ambulances in the county and they are located in the City limits and they cover the entire county. I am with Socorro County Dist. 14 right on the County Line of Socorro and Valencia Counties and we respond to both counties.

SCPD

QRT
Does Magdalena still have an ambulance on their fire department? I lived there in the late 70's and early 80's and was an EMT when the Magdalena Fire Department got its first ambulance. We didn't have the state license to transport unless it was a live or death situation. Otherwise Socorro FD came up and met us on scene to transport the patient down to the hospital in Socorro.

Status
Not open for further replies.