Vallejo Police Department P25 Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
From what online document searching I have been able to do today it looks like this could be part of the proposed South Solano Trunked Radio System project.

officer_415

Database Admin
Looks like Vallejo had an application granted to add a new site at the "End of Broadleight Place" to "expand their radio system into an area with inadequate coverage."

Frequencies are below. This is a simulcast cell with sites at the Hiddenbrooke (end of Broadleigh Place) and the courthouse downtown. All of this was posted in the EBRCS thread.

853.825 control
852.850 alternate
852.375 alternate
852.125 alternate

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies are below. This is a simulcast cell with sites at the Hiddenbrooke (end of Broadleigh Place) and the courthouse downtown. All of this was posted in the EBRCS thread.

853.825 control
852.850 alternate
852.375 alternate
852.125 alternate
I looked at both licences and the frequencies on the licence are different for each. WRJP928 is licenced at the courthouse on 851.8625, 852.1250, 852.3750, 852.8500 and 853.8250. WRMG933 is licenced at the end of Broadleigh Place on 852.3250, 852.8000 and 853.3500.

If they are simulcasting on the same frequencies at both sites they should update the licences to reflect that, and to be legal.

stingray327

I pick up Vallejo PD and Fire on the old channels 155.910 currently. What happened to their signal? Why is it so distorted?
When they move over to new frequencies will that update on Home Patrol II and BCT 436 scanners?

officer_415

Database Admin
What happened to their signal? Why is it so distorted?

This could be for a few reasons. They have already switched over to EBRCS, so the digital audio is being patched to the old analog frequencies. There is always a loss of clarity when this happens. Also, I've noticed I can no longer receive 155.910 clearly in Marin, so they may have reduced their power output. As the old analog system falls further into disrepair, signal quality will likely degrade even more.

When they move over to new frequencies will that update on Home Patrol II and BCT 436 scanners?

The database has already been updated with a link to EBRCS, where you will find them on the Vallejo site.

N6ML

The database has already been updated with a link to EBRCS, where you will find them on the Vallejo site.

I see "Vallejo PD1 (7955)" (seemingly regularly) on the CCCO Central Simulcast site too, FWIW.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming that's due to their officers taking inmates to the jail in Fairfield, they're hitting the CoCo Central and CoCo West sites traveling the I-80 corridor.

They should've just joined the Solano system to being with.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming that's due to their officers taking inmates to the jail in Fairfield, they're hitting the CoCo Central and CoCo West sites traveling the I-80 corridor.

They should've just joined the Solano system to being with.
You must mean the I-680 corridor as EBRCS is lost once you top Hunters Hill on 80... ;) Solano is picky about who joins their system, the fact that the CHP got a RX-only channel is amazing. That is due to officers demanding it...

Regards,

-Frank C.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I get EBRCS in several locations in and around Sacramento. I was listening from Rancho Cordova and Fair Oaks a few weeks ago. I can also hear it in Citrus Heights regularly. If I can get it from Sacramento a radio should be able to affiliate from in and around Fairfield.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
I get EBRCS in several locations in and around Sacramento. I was listening from Rancho Cordova and Fair Oaks a few weeks ago. I can also hear it in Citrus Heights regularly. If I can get it from Sacramento a radio should be able to affiliate from in and around Fairfield.
I'm VERY surprised by that! Guess I'll have to tune in next time from I-80.

Regards,

-Frank C.

stingray327

So I should be able to locate this new update in the Home Patrol II data base update as well as the BCD 436 under Vallejo under EBRCS and if I want to get Fairfield/Suisun/Vacaville I look under:

Solano County Regional Communications System in the Home Patrol II as well as the BCD 436? Just remove the old freqs from favorites and add these two new ones for Vallejo PD/Fire and Fairfield PD and Fire and Suisun PD and FD?

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
So I should be able to locate this new update in the Home Patrol II data base update as well as the BCD 436 under Vallejo under EBRCS and if I want to get Fairfield/Suisun/Vacaville I look under:

Solano County Regional Communications System in the Home Patrol II as well as the BCD 436? Just remove the old freqs from favorites and add these two new ones for Vallejo PD/Fire and Fairfield PD and Fire and Suisun PD and FD?
Correct.

Regards,

-Frank C.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
I did strangely enough Vallejo still transmit on their old channels. 155.910 and fire channel on 482? I haven't picked up Vallejo PD new system yet. I did get Fairfield and Vacaville new system but not Suisun PD.
Suisun PD did move to the new system as well, but all of that half of Solano County is simulcast between the new and old for the time being, so you should be able to use one scanner on the analog side and another on the P25 Phase 1 system and hear an echo of traffic.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Status
Not open for further replies.