Valley Ambulance Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
I may have asked this before, but I’m too sleepy-eyed to search.

Please correct me on this.

FD: Phoenix, Chandler, and Mesa

AMR: Avondale (West), Gilbert (East)

Maricopa Ambulance: Surprise, Goodyear, Scottsdale, and Glendale

I believe PMT serves others such as Tempe just confused as theee are several companies. And while it’s on the cusp of the valley, Lifeline serves the Circle City-Morristown-Wickenburg area.

WIS262

There are 2 major players in the valley private ambulance business. Maricopa Ambulance & AMR Ambulance.

Maricopa Ambulance has been contracted by SCT, GDY, & GLN for EMS transports. They also run inter facility transports across the valley.

AMR Ambulance does business under 3 names here in the valley. AMR, Lifeline, & Rural Metro.

Currently, AMR has been contracted by Mesa, Gilbert, Queen Creek, City of Maricopa, El Mirage, Tolleson, and Avondale.

Lifeline is contracted by Chandler*, Peoria, Tempe*, Paradise Valley.

Rural Metro runs rescues in the areas they provide fire protection or hold master contracts. Cave Creek, Carefree, Dynamite Corridor, Fountain Hills. The other areas rural metro provides fire protection but not rescues will use the closest AMR or Lifeline Ambulance.

WIS262

Arizona Fire & Medical Authority, Sun City, Daisy Mountain, Tempe, Surprise, Buckeye Valley, & Superstition Fire all run civilian medic units.
Mesa & Gilbert have a small number of civilian medic units but are backs up by AMR.

Phoenix, Peoria, Buckeye Valley all run rescues.

N9JIG

Sheriff
For the City of Buckeye EMS is provided by Buckeye Valley under contract while fire is done by the city FD. I assume that Buckeye Valley also does EMS in their fire district areas as well. While not private it is not the city that provides the EMS service.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Where is Arizona Fire &Medical Authority ? I never heard of them.
They are the result of an administrative and operational merger of several area departments.

From Arizona Fire & Medical Authority

The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority is a full service, all hazard fire and rescue agency providing services from eight strategically located fire stations. The Authority covers more than 275 square miles and proudly serves over 75,000 residents within the communities of Coldwater Ranch, Corte Bella, Cross River, Dos Rios, Pinnacle Peak County Island, Rancho Cabrillo, Rancho Silverado, Rio Sierra, Sun City West, Sun Lakes, Sundero, Tonopah, Wittmann and many other areas of Maricopa County.

WIS262

Now that I'm in front of a key board, I'll break it down a little better and by regional numbers:

01 - Phoenix Fire - FD Rescues
10 - AFMA (WIT & SCW) - Medic Units
12 - El Mirage - AMR Ambulance
13 - Sun City - Medic Units (backed up by AMR when no medic units are avail)
14 - Daisy - Medic Units
15 - Glendale - Maricopa Ambulance
16 - Tolleson - AMR Ambulance
17 - Avondale - AMR Ambulance
18 - Goodyear - Maricopa Ambualnce
19 - Peoria - FD Rescues & Lifeline Ambulance
20 - Mesa - AMR Ambulance & 3 Medic units
23 - AFMA (SLK) - Medic Units
24 - Guadalupe - Lifeline Ambulance (TMP Medic if code 3 ALS is needed)
25 - Gilbert - AMR Ambulance & 1 medic unit
26 - Superstitioin - Medic Units
27 - Tempe - Medic Units & Lifeline Ambulance
28 - Chandler - Medic units* (Lifeline Ambulance provides the EMT driver & ambulance... Chandler Fire provides the station and Firefighter paramedic)
29 - Salt River - Rescues
30 - Surprise - Medic Units
32 - Buckeye Valley - Rescues & Medic Units
34 - AFMA (TON) - Buckeye Valley Fire ambulances
36 - Luke AFB - Medic Units & AMR Ambulance with automatic aid partners
37 - Harquahala - Buckeye Valley Fire ambulances
40 - Fort McDowell - Rescues
41 - Queen Creek - AMR Ambulance
42 - Gila River - Hospital Based Medic Units
44 - Rio Verde - Rescue
50 - Gasa Grande - AMR Ambulance
52 - Eloy - Rescues
53 - Coolidge - AMR Ambulance
54 - Florence - AMR Ambulance
55 - Thunderbird Farms - AMR Ambulance
56 - Ak Chin - Rescues
57 - Maricopa - AMR Ambulance
60 - Scottsdale - Maricopa Ambulance
70 - City of Buckeye - Buckeye Valley Fire ambulances

Paysonscanner

They are the result of an administrative and operational merger of several area departments.

From Arizona Fire & Medical Authority

The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority is a full service, all hazard fire and rescue agency providing services from eight strategically located fire stations. The Authority covers more than 275 square miles and proudly serves over 75,000 residents within the communities of Coldwater Ranch, Corte Bella, Cross River, Dos Rios, Pinnacle Peak County Island, Rancho Cabrillo, Rancho Silverado, Rio Sierra, Sun City West, Sun Lakes, Sundero, Tonopah, Wittmann and many other areas of Maricopa County.

Were some of these communities served by Rural-Metro in the past? I have a brother who lives in Scottsdale and remember the contentious debate about ending the contract with Rural-Metro and starting a municipal department of their own.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Were some of these communities served by Rural-Metro in the past? I have a brother who lives in Scottsdale and remember the contentious debate about ending the contract with Rural-Metro and starting a municipal department of their own.
Yes, Rural Metro had contracts in several areas in the past that they longer do, including Sun City and Scottsdale. These change from time to time. SC has their own department these days as does Scottsdale.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Where is Arizona Fire &Medical Authority ? I never heard of them.

It's a fancy schmancy way of saying Sun City West and Sun Lakes Fire Districts work together on some administrative back-ends. They basically share some administrative functions to keep costs down, but using a fancy name and website to sound a lot bigger than they are. Imagine if Pleasant Valley Airport and Sky Ranch Airport in Carefree decided to share a single part-time airport manager to save money, but then also renamed their airports "Global Skylift Industrial Worldport International Airport Conglomerate, Inc., the preeminent internationally-recognized worldwide multi-point mega-transportation hub."

WIS262

Medic Units are municipal civilian employees and/or 1 FF Paramedic & 1 civilian EMT

Rescues are 1 FF Paramedic & 1 FF EMT.

it’s helps to separate the two for fireground assignments as rescues can turnout and attach to their engine company.

Mark174

I remember when Rural/Metro was in Gilbert. To answer the question about rescues vs medic units, rescue personnel are firefighters. Medics are non-sworn EMS only.

Status
Not open for further replies.