Valley Fire Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Valley incident is at 1000 acres, threatening structures, mandatory evacuations in Lawson Valley. Post your updates here if you’re monitoring.

Radio channels in use:

CNF Forest Net - Command
RCS CFA Tac 10K - SDCFA/Cal Fire Command post

Divisions Tacticals:
USFS Region 5 Tac 4
USFS Region 5 Tac 5
USFS Region 5 Tac 6
NIFC Tac 2

Fixed Wing:
USFS Air Tactics 61
USFS Air to Ground 59

Rotary Wing:
135.975 - HELCO / Rotor Victor

122.925 - “NIFC Air to Air 1”

Other:
RCS CFA 11A TRAVEL
RCS CFA 10A Dispatch
VHF Cal Fire MVU Local

Note MVU Local and CFA 10A aren’t patched, MVU ECC just multi-selects them for tone outs.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Also some traffic on Fire Air RCS 800MHz. Santee Dispatch is working the fire...Santee 50 Tac 1 seems to be taking over "other than fire" dispatching.

Paul

Last edited:

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Agreed it looks like they gave SNT Dispatch over to the valley incident evacuations.

I’m also hearing SDG&E working various issues in east county that may also be related to the fire on RCS talkgroup 115. Switched over to their 900 MHz system and it’s being patched to 900 MHz TG 272 (but all traffic is on RCS radios, 900 MHz talkgroup has a single radio ID that’s simulcasting the traffic from RCS).

Edit: Hearing some strike team related traffic from the Valley incident on Barona Fire Admin (RCS TG 251).

Last edited:

Gene

Premium Subscriber
SDG&E was active Saturday daytime on RCS TGs 139 (Fire 1), 141( Fire 2), 135 (Fire Air Ops). Other SDG&E RCS TGs 1787 (Sunrise Power Link 1) and 1789 (Sunrise Power Link 2) are worth a listen.

SDBud

Valley incident is at 1000 acres, threatening structures, mandatory evacuations in Lawson Valley. Post your updates here if you’re monitoring.

Radio channels in use:

CNF Forest Net - Command
RCS CFA Tac 10K - SDCFA/Cal Fire Command post

Divisions Tacticals:
USFS Region 5 Tac 4
USFS Region 5 Tac 5
USFS Region 5 Tac 6
NIFC Tac 2

Fixed Wing:
USFS Air Tactics 61
USFS Air to Ground 59

Rotary Wing:
135.975 - HELCO / Rotor Victor

122.925 - “NIFC Air to Air 1”

Other:
RCS CFA 11A TRAVEL
RCS CFA 10A Dispatch
VHF Cal Fire MVU Local

Note MVU Local and CFA 10A aren’t patched, MVU ECC just multi-selects them for tone outs.

Only been listening on the first 2 mostly, tacs not that easily heard here. But heard plenty.
Going to be bad today, hotter, maybe drier, maybe more wind.

Have been following the aircraft, first on the El Dorado, now on the Valley, on FlightRadar24.com.

SDBud

Agreed it looks like they gave SNT Dispatch over to the valley incident evacuations.

I was expecting Rural, but they're considering the fire to be in Alpine, so Santee Disp.
Have the SDG&E system in my radios, but wasn't monitoring them on the NG, but added them tonight.

JoeyC

Does anyone know what the channel name should be for 171.0375 currently hosting air operations for the Valley fire?

Nevermind, I see its called AIR-TACTICS in the above graphic.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I caught a new RCS Fire talkgroup, 2442. Strike team traffic related to getting in position on their division. Could be a travel channel or an admin. At one point they said “12A” but that might have been shorthand for one of the strike teams rather than the channel name. Keep an ear out for it though.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am hearing that 6412A strike team repeatedly call itself "twelve alpha" on CNF Forest Net.

Paul

SDBud

I caught a new RCS Fire talkgroup, 2442. Strike team traffic related to getting in position on their division. Could be a travel channel or an admin. At one point they said “12A” but that might have been shorthand for one of the strike teams rather than the channel name. Keep an ear out for it though.

They NEVER, in my experience, abbreviate strike team numbers. That is the travel channel; talkgroup ID.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
One unit said 6412A...the other unit replied go for 12A.

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I am hearing that 6412A strike team repeatedly call itself "twelve alpha" on CNF Forest Net.

Yeah same here. They were saying "Go for 12 Alpha" a ton today (referring to the strike team). I think it's safe to say TG 2442 is an admin or travel channel, just not sure of the channel name yet. Now if they had only said "Go for 12 Alpha ON 12 Alpha" we could be sure. :)

Mike_G_D

This is interesting! 2442 is the TG I have been trying to identify as it has popped out of my P25RX logs for some time now.

-Mike

shadow925

These are the talkgroups I'm seeing on the RCS system. Any more?
139 SDG&E
135 SDG&E
2846 - ?
2136 Humane Society
1393 Auxillary 1

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am fairly sure they have been using I.C.S.1 and LE South Tac 4, maybe patched?

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hearing SDGE Fire ground crew on 464.5500 DCS506
‘Mount Empire yard‘
Talking about needing 100 gallons.
SDGE or their private fire crew

Good call Brian! I’ve heard SDG&E had a UHF presence in addition to the 900 MHz Smartzone system and the RCS, but this confirms it.

I am fairly sure they have been using I.C.S.1 and LE South Tac 4, maybe patched?

Sheriff was using 50TAC1 patched to LE South Tac 4, and transitioned to ICS 1 patched to LE South Tac 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.