Valley Shore - New Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
now if we could only get a few other regional centers (KX) to develople a plan and implement it just like VS. Simulcast would be very nice with only 25 w output.

jdemers

Its a simulcast/crossband system that will allow for better coordination and use of UHF portables tied into the current system. Its a work in progress.

dittrimd

I beleive it is actually a multicast/cross band system vs. a true simulcast system they are looking at building. Mulit cast is going to be used to repeat lowband and UHF frequencies. I do not believe they are going to have multiple repeaters operating on the same UHF frequency transmitting at the same time. If you look at the FB2 stations there are only 5 and only one frequency has two locations (460.2375). All the rest are only at a single location. If they were going to do simulcast they would need and FB2 at each site for the same frequency. This would also require a strong backbone system with GPS clocks and iridium standards along with a simulcasting system which is very expensive. I may be wrong about this but the last time I talked with them this was their plan. The license you reference is the result of many years and a lot of $$$ trying to get high powered UHF frequencies to enable them to build a UHF system like QV. Due to the fact that they look out across the sound at Long Island where UHF is maxed out they had very little success getting high powered UHF frequencies. Pretty disappointing to say the least but that is the situation the state of Connecticut is in. That is why TN is licensing more low band frequencies that have been vacated. Low band is currently the only viable alternative since both UHF and VHF are closed out. It really looks like the next opportunity will be 700 mhz to fix this problem. Lets not start the myriad problems that is associate with that discussion...

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.