ValleyRide / City of Boise TRS questions

KE6ALV

Does anyone know what system that Valley Regional Transit (ValleyRide) uses? I thought - at least at one time - they used the City of Boise trunked system.

Speaking of which, I have that system on ID scan (EDIT: on ID search, not scan), and have never gotten a hit on anything. Not sure if all TGs on that system are encrypted, or if it wasn't programmed properly. I paid ScannerMaster to program the system - they use the RR database - and paid extra for the DMR upgrade to my BCD325P2. I need to dust off my laptop and check the programming on everything.

Last edited:

wtp

one way to check for yourself, and you have to do it.
is to set the system up as conventional, you have to do it manually as any program will just go to trunking.
that does avoid any programming errors.

KE6ALV

I'll try that, thanks. I couldn't care less about the airport or zoo ops, so if there aren't any other agencies that use the system, I'd just lock it out.

I'm old school, before everything public safety was on MDTs. I started way back when we used crystals. :) My first trunked experience was scanning an EDACS system conventionally, where they used tones set to the "we bring good things to life" jingle to keep the scanner locked onto the channel.

After all these years, This is my first actual trunked scanner.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
The FCC License also shows two additional licensed frequencies for Valley Ride (Valley Regional Transit) which are not currently shown in the DB and may or may not be in use.
463.9625 (Squaw Butte, Gem County)
464.9000 (Table Rock, Ada County)