Value of old Radio Shack scanners

Swatman01

I have three old Radio Shack scanners Id like to part with. I bit the bullet and splurged on an SDS100. I have a pro-70 that works really well. A pro-93 that works pretty well and a pro-95 that's probably good only for parts. Just like to get an idea of value and best place to list for sale. Thank you!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have three old Radio Shack scanners Id like to part with. I bit the bullet and splurged on an SDS100. I have a pro-70 that works really well. A pro-93 that works pretty well and a pro-95 that's probably good only for parts. Just like to get an idea of value and best place to list for sale. Thank you!
Many of those radios were built by a company called GRE. They were out of Japan in the '60s and '70s but once China was open to commerce by President Richard Nixon they eventually all went over to China for the dirt cheap labor.

For reasons that are not that clear but could be based on domestic domain, GRE went out of business and sold everything, Lock, Stock and Barrel to the Whistler radar detector company. They knew nothing about the radios they had but they had a few very skillful people that helped them to start to modify and improve GRE radios that had already been released and were sold by Radio Shack, they sell some today that are literally from 2007 as if there were new.

There are some legendary radios that were put out by GRE for Radio Shack, I have one that's a tunable slide rule dial radio before there were crystal radios made by GRE in Japan called the pro one.

Condition is everything, do you have one that's in the Box and it's never been opened? No..

Some legendary radios made by GRE, the Pro 2004, 2005, 2006.

My best answer to you is, you can sell them for whatever someone will give you. Ask for best offer. You don't like the price, counter offer or don't sell it, keep it.

If you are a premium member you can sell them right here on radio reference.

TrainsOfThought

Land, waters, sky...an entire universe to monitor!
Premium Subscriber
If you listen to analog frequencies, you should keep one of those RS handhelds. My Pro 26 picks up analog great. Leaves my SDS200 to scan just digital.

My interests are rail, air and marine...ALL analog. Last 2 years I purchased 7 analog Radio Shack and Uniden top-ranking model base scanners for antenna/reception projects. If you have even the slightest inkling of monitoring something analog in the future I'd hold onto those old workable scanners to avoid future seller's remorse. Look at it as expanding your monitoring potential now by adding digital to your radio stack, NOT ridding yourself of analog. Don't believe the hype...analog is still alive, well and kicking.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I have a pro-70 that works really well. A pro-93 that works pretty well and a pro-95 that's probably good only for parts
Just like to get an idea of value and best place to list for sale. Thank you!
Those scanners are about 20-25 years old as of time of this post. At auction if you could get $35-50 for each I'd consider that a good day. The Pro-95 may be harder to sell since it isn't in 100% working order and parts aren't in high demand. Post them on the classifieds, you may find an interested buyer or two. Best wishes!

WB4UR_Sean

I still have my Pro-97 Handheld scanner. Still works. I am keeping it. The backlight on the display is still Good. I also have a Pro-92, but hardly use it because of the little lights don't light up the display like the Pro-97, so what I do is shine a small LED flashlight on the display and that will do. It has 500 channels. Analog Trunking only.
I also have a Pro-51 200 Channel Scanner - still works. Just need to add batteries. :) Basic scanner - No Trunking.
I'm keepin' em' All.