Van Wert Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbowery

Premium Subscriber
It appears that Van Wert Police have gone exclusively to their MARCS talkgroup. Prior to Monday, they only used the MARCS like a tac channel. Since Monday, the old VHF dispatch frequency has gone quiet and all radio traffic is on the MARCS talkgroup.

grumpy_hermit

Yep, I caught some traffic on the Middle Point tower but it wasn't enough to ID the department/agency. Someone announced that they (whoever they was) had completed the switch to MARCS.

wbowery

Premium Subscriber
So after a week and a half exclusively on MARCS, Van Wert PD has been using their old 156.210 freq this afternoon. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm......

SCPD

QRT
So after a week and a half exclusively on MARCS, Van Wert PD has been using their old 156.210 freq this afternoon. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm......

The same thing happened when my dept's moved to MARCS... they used the analog still kind of as a "talkaround" and for the units who didnt yet have the new digital radios installed. eventually after about a month of using marcs they took out the old analog radios, took down the repeaters, and re-issued marcs radios at the return of the old analog portables. from what i heard they actually got discounts on the new radios for sending the old equitment back... anyone ever heard of this? i guess they had to be sure it was going to work before they pulled the analog stuff from service.

Status
Not open for further replies.