Variable Capacitor Pfd

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJBorier

Hello: I'm currently accumulating parts for a magnetic loop receiving antenna. I'm going to use 3/4" copper tbg. My feed ring will be 1/5th the size of the 30"diameter main loop. Anyway, I picked up an old metal and ceramic 18 bladed variable capacitor--18 blades on each side (total 36); it's about 3" in length and has a ball-bearing shaft. When the capacitor is fully disengaged ea. blade is spaced 1/8th" inch from the next blade, and I'm wondering how many Pfd it "might" be. I'm not fussy at this point; but I'd like about 385Pfd or better. What's the easiest way to determine its Pfd? I'd like to link a close-up photo of the old fellow, as well as that of an interesting older radio chasis that I bought (for anyone's perusal and identification). Is it possible to post or link a photo on this forum? It would be so much better than a description. I s'pose not. My apologies, I'm quite new to all of this. Thank you!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Premium Subscriber
If it's not labeled with its capacitance value range, the only way to really know is to borrow a capacitance meter from somewhere and test it.

FeedForward

Photos? Any markings on the frame? Fortunately these days you can get inexpensive capacitance testers to get in the ball park. What is the capacitance value that your project calls for?

FF

Status
Not open for further replies.