Various 800MHz Band Pass Filters available from Scanner Master?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master lists three different 800MHz Band Pass Filters on their site. There are no specs shown of any kind. There is no explanation for the suffix on the part numbers. I guess one can assume EN = Extra Narrow, N = Narrow, and W= Wide? Does anyone have any additional information on these? What is the actual difference between them? Is anyone actually using any of these and how have they impacted monitoring the public service comms in the 800MHz spectrum and do they attenuate desired signals in the 700MHz spectrum, which is in use these days? I'm thinking they would not be very effective in eliminating interference from the cellular band as it is also in the same spectrum. Yet I do recall a recent post (about a month ago) where someone was claiming they did help in reducing interference from cell towers.

Band Pass Filters
BPF-800 EN
BPF-800N

BPF-800W

BPF-800W Band Pass Filter | Scanner Master

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 of these, HPN-30118 and BPF-800N *because I have a WS1080 and live by 2 Cell towers, one on a Fire dept and another behind a business barely 2 stories high across the street. I experimented with them and found they do block most all signals other than those listed. I have 155.000, 470.000, 900.000 and others on my scan lists WITH 700/800Mhz. Only the 740-861Mhz comes through with the 800N. So I GUESS they work? NOAA 162.550 did leak through when tested for some reason although really truncated. YOU may find as I did. It's not any local interference or cell towers. It's just the scanner not made right for P25 Simulcast. My WS1080 is awful, even with these filters .. it doesn't "attenuate" the signal so it can be heard better. That didn't work with scanner attenuation on or off. So I gave up all the Yagi's, filters and bought a Unication G5 pager. Fixed the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input. I posted the wrong link that shows them all:
Filters for Police Scanner Radios | ScannerMaster.com

I actually don't need any of these yet as Macomb's simulcast system works great with my ******P2 series scanners. But cellular towers are changing a lot in my area due to the tearing down of the old-school high voltage towers that supported numerous cellular antennas being replaced with the new mono-pole towers. Not all the cellular antennas are being put back in the same areas and they're turning up in new places almost monthly! So I may need something in the near future.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I was hoping someone from Scanner Master would jump in here and give us the manufacture's specifications or a more definitive explanation of the differences between them? This is a great opportunity to stimulate interest and boost sales considerably once people have a better understanding of how they might help them and which one they should buy?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've always been against purchasing products that don't have a manufacturers name printed on them. And for the price they get for these unknown filters, there should be a spec sheet available listing all the key specs for a filter such as these.
Something has always smelled fishy about some of the "plain label" items Scanner Master sells.

Thanks for pointing them out regardless.

ScannerMasterSupport

Scanner Master Support
Scanner Master Representative
We were able to get some tech specs from the manufacturer on some of these devices. We are awaiting more documentation and will post them to the individual product pages when they become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.