vB acting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just made a thread to report this not 5 minutes ago, and it totally vanished into thin air! Well at least I know I'm not seeing things now.

Anyways...vB is acting up something awful. The Mark Forums Read function works intermittently, something you can click it until your fingers bleed and it will not mark the forums read, will not reset the login cookie, and will not show the proper time for Last Visited. In addition, there are times the New Posts/Today's Posts page does not accurately reflect the last posts made in threads. It's almost as if vB is running across multiple servers and MySQL installations, and they are out of sync.

PS - I don't mean to come across as arrogant, but this is not an issue on my end, not related to browsers or clearing cookies/cache or any of that. Believe me, that was the very first steps I took to eliminate it being something on my end. Besides, I have FF set to clear the cookies/cache automatically after each session, and this issue with vB persists for hours at a time across multiple sessions, with or without logging in or out.

Happy Hunting!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
UPDATE: Right after posting this thread, it disappeared, but the previous thread I made mysteriously REappeared!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We ran some maintenance this morning which backed up the MySQL slave server ... so the writes didn't make it to the read only replica instantly. They are all back in sync now.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ok good stuff, I figured you were on top of it. Sorry about the dupe threads, it was a product of the issue, not me being an impatient jerk! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.