VB Amphitheater

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Went over to the VB Amphitheater with some friends last night. Carried a complement of scanners (396 and Icom R-10). The venue was Cheap Trick (okay), Heart (Nancy, at 54, is still a beauty), and Journey.

Before, during the breaks and after the show, I had the 396 running. Must have not loaded the VB events channel as I really never heard any traffic regarding incidents or 'road' traffic (other than someone trying to reach the Sentara ER and being stuck in the traffic jam [who's idea was it to put a hospital there anyway????]). On past visits I'd heard the PD and Sheriff units told to be ready for the show to let out.

I did find a couple of good frequencies. One with the close call for the ushers, security, and remote camera operator. This is 468.975. I submitted this to the DB. The other was the wireless mike for Journey's lead singer. That one was 766.400 WFM (actually I was able to hear it between 766.300 and 766.600). That came in handy when the volume drove me to the concession area.

So both scanners functioned as planned.

One of the 'funnier' things was the total disregard for the no photography ban. Like I said, I ventured to the concession area part way through the Journey set. I did go back into the arena for a couple of songs. Just stood near the back of the orchestra area. It was a sea of cell phone cameras being held up to snap a photo or two.

During the Cheap Trick set, one guy came walking down the main aisle up to where the usher stopped him from entering the pit seating area. He stood there in front of two security and the usher, pulled out his camera and took two or three pictures.

I guess with the advent of cameras everywhere (I had two with me), stopping people from taking pictures is not going to happen, so they just tolerate it. What the people really need to understand is that if they are more than 15 feet from their subject, the flash isn't going to help.

SCPD

QRT
Hope you enjoyed the show. This is the first year I did not go see Journey. Seen them 3 times at the beach, and each time a different singer. The first one even had the name Steven Gerry. My wife LOVES the red piano. Anyway I heard Amp Thea command talk to dispatch on EMS Commard when a unit would transport to PA Hospital, but not much else. There was ALOT of traffic earlier for the Fallen Police Officer. Tac 7 was EMS & Tac 9 Fire

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
...What the people really need to understand is that if they are more than 15 feet from their subject, the flash isn't going to help.

I went to see Sara Evans tonight and remembered a previous post of yours (w/ pics) about not using the flash at concerts. I kept it off and it worked good, thanks Lynn:)

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.