VB Cable Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I am having an issue with VB Cable (a Virtual Audio Cable alternative) on my Windows 10 laptop.

I've installed it using Admin privileges, but the audio doesn't seem to port properly with SDR# and DSD+.

When I tune into a known good P25 channel (LAPD hotshot), DSD+ does not indicate active decoding. No scope display or listing in the command window.

morfis

Is DSD set to the correct audio input?

VB cable works flawlessly on my windows 10 laptop and on a surface pro here

morfis

When you start DSD+ using your batch file the command window will scroll some text.

A short way down will be a list of audio input and audio output devices available, along with numbers.
Under those will be two lines which show the numbers for the devices you have told DSD+ to use.

The input device must match the device you have set SDRsharp to use (Audio section of it's settings).
The output must match your required output (speakers normally)

eg.

If SDRSharp is set to output on CABLE-A Input (VB-Audio Cable) then your DSD+ must be set to use CABLE-A Output (VB-Audio Cable). You do this with the 'i' and 'o' switches in your batch file.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
Got it working!
I created a desktop shortcut to the EXE file, then entered the I/O arguments in the target line.

I also found that all the filters in SDR# need to be unchecked for DSD+ to decode digital.

I still need to do some fine tuning to improve the audio quality.

Thank you to all.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What filters are you speaking of? I use vb cable and it decodes fine with "filter audio" checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.