VB Public safety in and out pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki4bbl

Hey all,

I just picked up a 106 and mounted my diamond discone( I have had the antenna for years in the original bag). I have Chesapeake, Norfolk, and VB dialed in, but I feel like I am missing a lot on VB. I hear some, but not nearly as much as I do on Norfolk and Chesapeake. Any ideas? I am right at the corner of VB, Ches. and Norfolk on Indian River road.

Thanks,
Greg

nevets

Premium Subscriber
VB public safety in-out

Yesterday VB was coming in OK (PD, Fire, EMS) on the Uniden 996XT but today it seems to have died off. I can't get a good reliable "control" signal on 800. I am using Unitrunker.

ki4bbl

I guess I should start by inputting all of the control freqs. I am using the data from here, but I looked at all of the secondary freqs and I am missing a few. Maybe they are using one of the backups. Thanks for your feedback...I suspected it was a weak signal issue.

Greg

bep

Premium Subscriber
For what it is worth. Since VB went digital my signal strength meter has never been stronger. When analog, I would only get 1 or 2 bars and a scratchy signal. Audio is poor, but signal is strong.
I had a recent issue with Chesapeake, could not hear them. I reloaded all the data, and for some reason, they are coming in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.