VCFD Reprogramming Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

simiv

Premium Subscriber
Ventura County FD is currently redoing their radio frequencies once again. So far everything appears to be the same but I have not heard when any type of changeover will occur. The radio frequencies on their website are for the most part outdated. One new channel I have heard is "Command 17" which appears to be used for the Lockwood Valley area. Does anyone have any more info on this or has anyone heard of this?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
It is the season for the annual Fire Service VHF frequency load updating.
All CalFire and cooperating agencies go through this each year to incorporate updates to the statewide VHF wildland frequency load. Because this is done annually, many areas implement changes at this time of the year.

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Command 17 (154.010 pL:100.0) is used for the northern part of the county. There is a repeater on Frazier Peak in Lockwood Valley/Hungry Valley that is for responses in those areas. The repeater works all along the I-5 corridor, Hungry Valley, Lockwood Valley, Mount Pinos, and parts of Hwy 33. The coverage is pretty good, mimicking the Los Padres Frazier Channel. Formerly, the units responding to calls in that area used Command 5, with the closest receiver site on Sisar Peak, near Ojai. Command 17 makes a big difference, it seems, in the ability to communicate with dispatch from that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.