veanago public safety pa 16323

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you are asking for help we will need a lot more info. Scanner type, system/freqs/agency you are trying to listen to, issue, to start.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I assume the Franklin Co portion of this system is what you want to monitor: South Central Interoperability Network Trunking System, Steelton, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies
Police are fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. Fire/EMS and other govt agencies are open to monitor. We need to know the model of your scanner and your programming software to be able to help you. If you attach your programming file, we can check it for any problems. If scanner was working previously, it quit because all of the talkgroup ID's have changed since moving to the South Central Interoperability Network.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I assume the Franklin Co portion of this system is what you want to monitor: South Central Interoperability Network Trunking System, Steelton, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies
Police are fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. Fire/EMS and other govt agencies are open to monitor. We need to know the model of your scanner and your programming software to be able to help you. If you attach your programming file, we can check it for any problems. If scanner was working previously, it quit because all of the talkgroup ID's have changed since moving to the South Central Interoperability Network.
By the ZIP code the OP is referring to the city of Franklin in Venango county.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Majority of that area uses conventional VHF/UHF so any scanner should pick that up. Venango Co. mainly uses VHF while neighboring Clarion and Mercer uses UHF.

To the south Butler Co. is on ICORRS however from Franklin you are going to be too far north to probably hear a tower.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Majority of that area uses conventional VHF/UHF so any scanner should pick that up. Venango Co. mainly uses VHF while neighboring Clarion and Mercer uses UHF.

To the south Butler Co. is on ICORRS however from Franklin you are going to be too far north to probably hear a tower.

All of Venango 911 is still analog. The only trunking is the 700 Air to Ground , and the New State p2 system. We only use 4 UHF Freqs, being MED 9, MED 10, MED 3, and Govt East out of Crawford co.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
scanner not working franklin pa
Slightly more info from the op would be helpful :unsure:
460.60000 KGD514 RMFranklin FD Franklin FD FM Fire-Talk
465.60000 KGD514 MFranklin FD Franklin FD FM Fire Dispatch
159.15750 153.79250 WNJJ367 RM412 DPLFrnkCty PD Franklin City PD FMN Law Dispatch
453.75000 458.75000 WNIN297 RMFranklin PD Franklin PD FMN Law Dispatch
What scanner?
Did the scanner work recently?
Does it not turn on?
AC adapter plugged in (working properly)/Batteries shot?
Can you pick up NOAA WX?
LCD display settings?
Did the scanner/user just move to Franklin and needs programming?
Did the area change frequencies lately?
Did it miraculously fix itself?
:unsure::rolleyes::geek::cool::whistle:

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Slightly more info from the op would be helpful :unsure:
460.60000 KGD514RMFranklin FDFranklin FDFMFire-Talk
465.60000 KGD514MFranklin FDFranklin FDFMFire Dispatch

159.15750153.79250 WNJJ367RM412 DPLFrnkCty PDFranklin City PDFMNLaw Dispatch
453.75000458.75000 WNIN297RMFranklin PDFranklin PDFMNLaw Dispatch
What scanner?
Did the scanner work recently?
Does it not turn on?
AC adapter plugged in (working properly)/Batteries shot?
Can you pick up NOAA WX?
LCD display settings?
Did the scanner/user just move to Franklin and needs programming?
Did the area change frequencies lately?
Did it miraculously fix itself?
:unsure::rolleyes::geek::cool::whistle:

The 460.600 465.600 and 453.750 are still licensed by the city but i haven't ever heard anything on them. 159.15275 is the current Franklin PD channel.

The closest NOAA wx channel was 162.425 however its been down for almost a year now. 162.400 from Erie may be able to be heard, same with 162.475 out of Meadville but those are both low power and are hard to receive even on an outdoor antenna. At my QTH with a Diamond antenna 40 ft up I hear 162.450 out of Bradford better than the other 2. Wish they would get the Parker transmitter back up, that thing was 1000 watts at a couple hundred ft up the tower.

I provide one of the feeds for the county and am a dispatcher at 911. I can definitively say we are still analog and still online.

Depending on your location you could plop in 154.935. If its a P25P2 trunking scanner it should start decoding the control channel right away, if its not you should at least still have a signal as that covers most of the county @ 300 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.