VECC Fire Dispatch & Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys

I have been focusing on other things and it seems like there have been a few changes in VECC Fire dispatch.

Curious if anybody has a good handle on what TGs are being used for what areas or cities?

With the automated dispatch on VECC Fire 1, there is no mention of the response channel which indicates they are just going to a default channel based on their station or something. Curious what the assignments are and how larger-scale incidents are handled where units are pulled from a wider area to assist.

m00se

For most calls its done geographically. More or less Ch2 is the north east side , ch3 is the west side and ch4 is south side.

Off the top of my head:
ch2 is South Salt Lake, Murray and UFA in Millcreek, Holiday and CHW.
ch 3 is WVCFD, UFA in Magna, kearns, tville, Midvale and maybe West Jordan FD too.
ch 4 is Draper, SoJo, Bluffdale plus UFA in Riverton, Copperton & Herriman.

Channel 5 & 6 are for working fires and other large scale responses. Ch 5 is always first up, if it's already in use then ch 6 will be used for the next incident.

mortoma61

I'm back on the forum after a long time and after seeing this I got curious. I have no idea was VECC is and neither post mentions whether these freqs are conventional or on the UCA or what. Sounds conventional because UCA doesn't call anything channels, they are TGs. Can I get more info on this? I live in Saratoga Sprngs so if you think I'm out of range of whatever it is, no need to bother responding I guess. But if you do, thanks.

N7YUO

Welcome back.
VECC = Vallley Emergency Communications Center.
"UCA (Utah Communications Agency) doesn't call anything channels,"
Yes, they are Talk Groups and that is what UCA (and most of us) call them when programming.
But various dispatchers and users of UCA's trunked system still call them channels.
This is especially true for the local fire departments.

You can still receive some fire channels on conventional VHF,
but those same channels are now talk groups.

Only you know if you are out of range.

I program my scanner so that wherever I travel in Utah, I can have reception for that area.

kd7rto

I have not checked to see if these are patched to UCA talkgroups, but VHF conventional frequencies 154.235 and 155.955 MHz are used for initial dispatch of fire crews and EMS. Mostly DTMF paging is used, with some 2-tone. Gold Cross also still uses 461.175 MHz for paging.

They are not simulcast to the other, so you'll want to put all of them into your scan list.

Status
Not open for further replies.