Vegas shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
Ok, all you folks in Las Vegas, speak up and be heard (or in this case seen) by the readers here. Obviously, there should be tons of federal activity and frequencies active today, especially FBI and USM. Tell us what you are hearing! It'd be a great time to confirm any USM frequencies for sure. Many of us on here are always looking for those, as there has been conflicting reports recently. So don't be a putz...share those frequencies...

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
Typical. No one posts anything regarding this incident, and what they heard fed wise. Gotta' love all that sharing....

Well, FWIW, I heard several FBI agents throughout the course of the incident on the LVMPD Downtown channel working the perimeter on the online scanner feed.

lrh270

News tonight reported that 236 officers from 4 or more agencies responded and fired 81 shots to take him down.

SonicN

I think there is started a tread about the shooting. If it is the same one tho.. the one in the courthouse.. ?

radact

Fed Courthouse Shooting

News tonight reported that 236 officers from 4 or more agencies responded and fired 81 shots to take him down.

I live in Vegas and am the one that does the Las Vegas Police feed and just happened to have my scanner feed set to Ch4 which is downtown and where the incident happened. I downloaded my archived feed for the time frame that the officer needs assistance call was dispatched to local officers and of the actual shooting that took place outside of the building.

By the time the first local Metro Officer arrived near the scene, he mentions that he can hear gun shots taking place. He then mentions that the subj is down and calls for Medical. He wasn't even close to where the incident happened but could see him down. The only ones that fired on the subj were the Marshalls and Court Security officers. None of the Las Vegas Police Officers were involved in the shooting.

The subj was already deceased with a gun shot to the head by the time any local officers really got to the actual scene.

I don't know how to post the acutual audio clip of that incident but I think you can go to my page and listen to the 01/04/10 0756 - 0811 feed and it starts at about 8 mins & 28 secs into the recording.

You'll here 415, which is an assult and then it changes to a 444 which is an officer needs help.

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening.

PS: The other feed, Las Vegas Police & Fire is not mine.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
LV shooting

I also heard the ch-4 downtown channel. Someone posted it on firesceneaudio.com
Interesting during the comms was a call for "Broken Arrow" Crew to respond to UMC Hospital to control the crowd and news media. This happened as they were getting ready to transport the guard victim to the Hospital. Not sure if the comm was from a federal unit or metro or marshals? Key words "Broken Arrow" now being used for something other than lost Nuclear Weapon or as used in the movie "We were soldiers with Mel Gibson". Hearing those terms over the scanner peaked my interest!! I was used to the nuclear meaning of the terms. Those of us that were ever on PRP will remember that code forever.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
I also heard the ch-4 downtown channel.
Interesting during the comms was a call for "Broken Arrow" Crew to respond Hearing those terms over the scanner peaked my interest!! I was used to the nuclear meaning of the terms.

Yeah, I heard that call too. Definitely sparked my interest as well. Thought .."damn...a shooting at a federal courthouse and nuclear accident response started thinking ...terrorist ...

Status
Not open for further replies.