Vegas strip - RAS?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hey everyone... I'm headed to Vegas in a month or so and staying at the Flamingo. I see they are listed as part time encryption in the database, but does anyone know if they are using RAS as well? I'd like to use my 6580 to try and give them a listen, but obviously pointless if RAS is being used. Thanks!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I thought RAS was for NXDN systems? Flamingo is Mototrbo with three freqs both in ts1 and ts2. Click the site on the database and they show cc1 cc2 and cc3 for each freq. 936 =cc1. 937= cc2. 938= cc3.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No... RAS = Restricted Access To System. It's a proprietary Motorola feature used to authenticate radios. You might be thinking of RAN which is NXDN...

Mike-KC8OWL

unfortunately, all of the Caesars properties run encryption now. But others on the strip are still clear. As well as the off-strip properties and downtown properties.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Hey everyone... I'm headed to Vegas in a month or so and staying at the Flamingo. I see they are listed as part time encryption in the database, but does anyone know if they are using RAS as well? I'd like to use my 6580 to try and give them a listen, but obviously pointless if RAS is being used. Thanks!
Yes full time encr., not part time. Since like 2018 / 19. Unless you can figure out the encr. code, it probably won't matter if they are using RAS.