vehicle mount for Wouxun kg-uv3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhrrs69

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a good mount for my truck for a Wouxun kg-uv3d. Right now, it's just sitting on my seat. I was looking at Mountguys, but it looks like the arms of the cradle will be covering over the PTT button. I will be getting the external mic/speaker for the unit soon.

SCPD

QRT
Just a shot in the dark, but a lot of guys in the scanner forum cut up an old wire coat hanger and create a hook that fits through an A/C vent. Then you can use the clip on the radio's battery to hang it on.

Add a 15 dollar speaker mic and you're set. Not to mention that this may position your radio's whip to a better location compared to laying on your seat.

tomhrrs69

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to give it a try this weekend. I'm waiting for the mic to come in, i ordered it from Wouxun.us on tuesday, so hopefully i'll be getting it in the next day or two.

SCPD

QRT
Just for reference, any "2-pin" kenwood speaker mic or audio accessory will work with the wouxon. I have a kenwood speakermic I use with mine, as well as a USB sync cable to program.

SonicN

I think all Puxing- and Wouxun-stuff works with Kenwood-accessory. Like earplugs, speakermics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.