• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vehicle specific radio console

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Yes they do. I have a Jotto console made for the Silverado truck with bench seats from 2000 to 2006 model years. It is sitting on a shelf in my shop currently unused as I have a different truck now. This console has 12 inches of face plate mounting space. Worked great for me when I had the truck.

qc

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I used my phone to post is the Jotto console you have like new? and is it for sale? and how hard is it to install? and do part number on it please

Thanks Again for the help

sfd119

They are usually no drill. I have a RAM console in my 08 Silverado. I had to remove the driver and passenger seats to "mount it".

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Here's a couple of pictures of the console.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 794

qc

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

kg4ere

Premium Subscriber
OK you have posted this question on 3 different websites now. How about getting out and researching, maybe calling the various console reps and asking questions. There are no holes drilled consoles out there for your vehicle and I have installed many of them. I am not going to spoon feed you though. Put a little effort into it. And I strongly advise to not attempt to mount a console to the floor using lag bolts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.