Vehicle theft / ignition kill testing heard last Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyPager

While at work last Friday I monitored MPD co-ordinating tests of planted/rigged cars. Sounded as they were waiting for the vehicles to be stolen, they would then follow it. Once the vehicle was in "position" the command to kill it was given. They were doing this with several cars in a 10 minute span so I think all were being tested. The system appeared to be able to monitor doors/trunk/hood open and closing also.
Anyone know if this operates on the trunked data channel? or another close-in low power freq?

jimmyhat

I also heard this traffic, it was really entertaining. I picked it up on Trunked Tg 21232, which I had originally labled U.S. Park Police Patch #4.

I also heard PG PD Auto theft Units commenting on Metro PD's use of aprox. ten different bait cars on their borders.

dc2wheel

jimmyhat said:
I also heard this traffic, it was really entertaining. I picked it up on Trunked Tg 21232, which I had originally labled U.S. Park Police Patch #4.

I also heard PG PD Auto theft Units commenting on Metro PD's use of aprox. ten different bait cars on their borders.

I heard talk on the MPD 4D tac channel about these cars. Did you hear PG auto-theft units in their UHF frequencies or the PGPD trunked system?

edited to add: I think tg# 21232 is now "Citywide 2" channel on MPD radios.

-dc2wheel

jimmyhat

I was listening to those PG Vice and Auto Theft squads on the EDACS 800's. That's some really good stuff if you get a chance to listen. Mostly Auto theft in the day, and Vice/Narcotics in the evening.

Thanks for the update on the Citywide 2 channel.

jimmyhat

Thanks Eric, that had me confused a bit. I gotta update my entire DC ID list I think, after listening the past few days during the new alert level.

Status
Not open for further replies.