vehicle versus a school bus in chester county PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry092975

By Kennett Fire Company No. 1January 19, 2010 On the morning of Tuesday January 19th, the Kennett Fire Company was dispatched to Kaolin Road south of Caldwell Lane for the report of a vehicle accident with entrapment. Deputy 24 arrived on scene to find one vehicle versus a school bus confirming entrapment adding Rescue 23 to the assignment. Chief 24 arrived on scene and established Kaolin Command. Engine 24-1 arrived on scene and went into service with the hydraulic rescue tools. Rescue 23 arrived on scene shortly after and went into service with their hydraulic rescue tools. Crews removed the doors and roof to gain access to the patient. The patient was extricated from the vehicle and transported to Christiana Trauma Center by MICU 25-2. AMB 24-2 transported the driver of the bus to Chester County Hospital for evaluation. Units cleared the scene after the vehicles were towed and debris was removed from the roadway. Pictures courtesy of Kenny Reed.
Units:Chief 24, Deputy 24, Engine 24-1, Squad 24, Ambulance 24-2Mutual Aid:MICU 25-2, MICU 25-3, Rescue 23
Rescue 23 on scene. Engine 24-1 on scene.

SCPD

QRT
Kennet? Oh my God, it's like old-home for me seeing all these PA articles.

I used to live in between Avondale and West Grove, and was the opening Kitchen Manager when Perkin's opened just west of Avondale. Is it still standing and is it still a Perkins?

Ok, now that the thread highjack is out of the way... Wow, that car was totaled. I'm surprised it wasn't a fatality. Here in Lincoln, NE, we had six storm related deaths Sunday and Monday of this week, due to some whiteout and icy conditions. I killed my local police on the scanner and listened to the county sheriff and the Nebraska State Patrol, and both agencies were hopping both days.

Thanks for letting me know that Kennet is still around.

Happy Scanning

chankel

Premium Subscriber
About 1-2 days later one of the local BuxMont school districts had a similar incident with a pickup truck vs a schoolbus. IIRC the truck struck the bus on the driver's side towards the front, and it was a fatal for the pickup driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.