Ventenna VT-27

Status
Not open for further replies.

trace1

I’m looking into the possibilities of using this antenna for a base HAM station. Anyone here using or have used this before?

cschmit

One of the Hams I know had one when he lived down south and said it was an awesome antenna. I have looked at them myself and have it on my wishlist, lol.

trace1

maalox said:
hi. is the ventenna considered wideband.

Look here... http://www.ventenna.com

cschmit said:
One of the Hams I know had one when he lived down south and said it was an awesome antenna. I have looked at them myself and have it on my wishlist, lol.

So far all the reviews (on other sites) I've seen seem to be very favorable...

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
trace1 said:
I’m looking into the possibilities of using this antenna for a base HAM station. Anyone here using or have used this before?

I have one that I use with a Yaesu FT-8900. Works fine, but I really haven't compared it to anything else. It's better than nothing if you live in an area with antenna restrictions.

trace1

I live in a small single floor apartment complex so any large or obtrusive antennas would be out of the question, so it might be real easy for me to convince my landlord on installation.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Hello
I used one last summer when I was in an antenna restricted sub, had great results had it hooked to my Yaesu FT 60-r HT was hitting repeaters 30-40 miles on 5 watts no problem on VHF an UHF, I have since gave it to my father in law and he uses it with his Icom HT and loves it..Great antenna..

k6cef

Premium Subscriber
trace1 said:

Hello, Have used one for two years. It works GREAT!!! Own my place now and I still use it. I use it on a Unided 898t. It works as well in the 400 and 800 region as my Diamond Discone. The discone is up about 10 feet higher. (Let me set the record straight discones WORK!!) Works better than a 144 fiberglass stick I had up . It is worth the money.Just rememeber be smart when you put it up. Take a afternoon off from work when no one is around. Paint it to blend in.

Jim

K6CEF

prcguy

You could also make one by sticking a vertical dipole inside a length of PVC or ABS pipe that matches your existing vent. The commercial version is nothing more than that anyway. Cost would easily be under $10 and you could cut elements for 2m, 220, 440, etc attached to the same feedpoint for a multiband antenna. As I’m thinking while typing this, I have some 1” wide self-adhesive copper tape that would be excellent for the inside elements. You could make a prototype by sticking the tape on the outside of a pipe and trim to resonance. When the lengths are correct you could make another and stick inside the pipe for the finished version. Anyone got time to make one and publish the lengths for others to duplicate?
prcguy

sony

So this is the camofloge antenna. Will it work for scanners like a Channel Master multi-band antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.