Ventura Code Edward

Status
Not open for further replies.

805MONITOR

Ventura Police has been using a new radio code "CODE EDWARD" it is not a call sign which is similar to "EDWARD 1" that is also use for VCMC Officer designation. This is used completely different and is not often used.

any thoughts on its meaning?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
In Orange County they use the word "CODE ALEX and CODE CHARLIE"

Code Alex Establish countywide law enforcement
observation checkpoint plan
Code Charlie Establish pre-planned law enforcement
mutual aid when emergency or riotous
conditions is anticipated but not yet
requested. If an actual call for assistance is
made, the initiating agency will notify
Control One to effect an immediate response
by pre-designated units. The code for an
actual call for assistance is “Code Charlie
Checkmate”

805MONITOR

In Orange County they use the word "CODE ALEX and CODE CHARLIE"

Code Alex Establish countywide law enforcement
observation checkpoint plan
Code Charlie Establish pre-planned law enforcement
mutual aid when emergency or riotous
conditions is anticipated but not yet
requested. If an actual call for assistance is
made, the initiating agency will notify
Control One to effect an immediate response
by pre-designated units. The code for an
actual call for assistance is “Code Charlie
Checkmate”

Very Interesting.. I am not sure its the same here? I am not sure what a Law Enforcement Observation Check point plan is? But I have heard one of VPDs units use this code as they arrived to a priority Burglary in Progress Call?

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Simi PD use "Code Edward" to instruct other units to switch their radios to "encrypted" mode, so scanners can't listen in... is that possibly what you heard?

805MONITOR

I am not sure? i didn't not hear any transmission sounds that would indicate encryption was being used on any of their channels? you may not unscramble the sound but usually can still be heard for Both analog and P25.

805MONITOR

lol..funny,
I have been told that Code Edward for VPD is used to Advise Dispatch that an Officer is going to make an entry into a specific location. Appears to makes sense given the context of which I heard the code used.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I still like CODE-BROWN.

After a donut stop in the morning with lots of coffee then everybody calls a CODE-BROWN.

HAHA

Kingscup

Feed Provider
lol..funny,
I have been told that Code Edward for VPD is used to Advise Dispatch that an Officer is going to make an entry into a specific location. Appears to makes sense given the context of which I heard the code used.

This makes it sound more like it is advising dispatch and other units to keep the air clear due to the potential dangerous situation they need to keep the air clear in case of something happening. I know some departments do this. This sounds like clear text for "10-33" or "code 33" depending on the department.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
This makes it sound more like it is advising dispatch and other units to keep the air clear due to the potential dangerous situation they need to keep the air clear in case of something happening. I know some departments do this. This sounds like clear text for "10-33" or "code 33" depending on the department.

Code E still wouldn't be clear text. San Diego County does it clear text, and just says "All units emergency traffic only" or "ET only" in lieu of 10-33/code 33. But I think that's a reasonable theory.

uman18

Oxnard PD has been using "Code Edward" for some time.. Means they are entering house/building in a high risk situation and usually there is a "10-33" in place. Lets units on the call know to be alert and pretty much letting them know officers are going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.