Ventura county Flood Control and Roads, revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
Member ISCANVNC2 opened this thread back in Nov 2018 and to follow up on it, I was told that there IS some kind of "public works" activity on the input frequency in Ventura County (156.24), with CTCSS of 110.9. However, 151.025 was quiet at the time. So maybe a new repeater output?

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
I just (4:30 pm Tue) set one scanner on 151.025 & one on 156.240. The Ventura system is working as advertised. Garage 1 was L&C on both the input (156.240) & rptr (151.025). The xmsn was so brief I didn't have time to turn & get the CTCSS. Historically the CTCSS has been 136.5 for Red Mtn & 141.3 for South Mtn. No record of 110.9.

A check of FCC records shows El Monte has a 156.240 in/154.085 out rptr. A check of the RRDB for El Monte doesn't list this pair. It would be nice to know Progline's informant's location was when the activity was monitored. Could they have heard El Monte?

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I doubt it, they were in East Ventura County (Moorpark) and heard both sides of the conversation (one station strong, the other very weak). This was "after lunchtime" on Monday.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Don't know what to say. I'll listen again tomorrow. PW isn't very busy on the rptr these days. Before cell phones things really jumped, especially during storms as county roads, flood control, & fleet maintenance (Garage) share the channel. I'm only a mile from PW HQ. If you hear anything again, try to get a call sign.

Possibly PW changed CTCSS & methodology in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.