Ventura County OES Dedicated Frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
I've kept the 5 old county Med channels as a group in the LOCAL FIRE system of my scanners. Nothing in all these years since they dropped the old Med Net.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
OES is a division of the Sheriffs department, if they are using anything it would be one of the SO frequencies.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
I'm well aware of OES being a SO division and have been monitoring SO frequencies for over 3 decades.

I've noticed that many counties, such as Santa Barbara, have dedicated a dedicated OES frequency. Just checking in case I somehow missed ours. Guess not.

Next question: Why doesn't Ventura County have one?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
As District Emergency Coordinator for ARES in Santa Barbara County, I can tell you that the supposedly dedicated OES frequency of 453.600 is not regularly used or used at all. The 800Mhz hospital coordination frequency suffers from poor coverage. In November we had a hospital drill and had operators at most hospitals and clinics. Our communications were far superior to those of the Public Health Department. We have a dedicated radio system at both the PHD and the County EOC. The EOC never or almost never uses their radio system. They also, with the exception of drills, never use ARES. There is a dedicated repeater linked to Ventura (hopefully San Luis Obispo soon) on 145.160Mhz (Santa Ynez Peak) which functions well for inter-county ARES communications. The repeater frequencies are different in Ventura. Not familiar with all of them. May be in the database.

In a real emergency I suggest listening to fire, EMS and law enforcement frequencies. A single OES repeater would overload with traffic anyway even if someone decided to use it.

The situation in Ventura County is different. They do not use ARES per se. They have ACS (Auxiliary Communication Service) under the sheriff. The same is true in Los Angeles County. LAFD also has a dedicated ACS group.

Ventura now operates a coordinated radio system unlike Santa Barbara. We may soon have coordinated fire communications. EMS is countywide now. Law enforcement not for a long time.

EMTJD

I too will look to find out.
I seem to remember they started to use the old Med Net.
That was a while ago

DW.
So.Cal

I live in Simi. I've never, ever, heard anything on 155.205. Back in the day, there was some private ambulance comms on that, as it seemed to be a generic frequency for such things.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Back in the day, prior to the year 2000 if I recall correctly, 155.205 was Ventura County Fire MED NET 1 and was used as ambulance dispatch. They then switched ambulance dispatch to fire dispatch, 154.010, which eventually became today's 155.055. It took awhile to get use to the combined dispatch.

Markemtj is right about private ambulance comms on 155.205. My logs show AMR for north San Diego county and Doctors Ambulance in Orange county.

Status
Not open for further replies.