Ventura county sheriff and fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Will either of these agencies be switching to UHF ? I feel as a long time listener VC sheriff VHF sucks. Most of the time the transmissions are static, or dispatch misses the qso due to bad reception.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Will either of these agencies be switching to UHF ? I feel as a long time listener VC sheriff VHF sucks. Most of the time the transmissions are static, or dispatch misses the qso due to bad reception.

They’ll be utilizing this system at some/all capacity in the next few years while probably maintaining some of the VHF channels for fire and talkaround stuff.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Who or what is using that trunked system now ?

It's in testing and buildout right now. Add it to your scan lists as they sometimes have radio traffic on it but it's not consistent just yet.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Its stupid for Ventura County to go to a trunk system seeing the terrain they cover. I think Motorola sold them a bill of goods.
I have a APX 8000 being delivered tomorrow with all opts enabled. My bases are covered, unless they switch to ENC. I also agree switching to 700 is a bad idea

FLMedia

VNC wont be switching to the 700Mhz system for at least another 5 years, If they even ever decide to switch. They still don't have any full time users on the system and are still having issues with some of their sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.