Verdigris PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Anyone hearing Verdigris PD? I have the DB freqs programmed but never hear anything on them.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Just a WILD hunch - because I used to live in Oklahoma. Could they be testing (moving) to OKWin (P25) ??
Catoosa / Chelsea are already on it and the Interoperability Network is on this allowing patching of agencies.

Still show in VHF for now:

I think I would find the OKWIN towers closest to you and put in those frequencies for the P25 OKWIN and do some searching of talk groups.
Or if feeling brave - email one of those people on the FCC record to see if they have any changes to their frequencies.

Sorry hope this helps some.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Just a WILD hunch - because I used to live in Oklahoma. Could they be testing (moving) to OKWin (P25) ??
Catoosa / Chelsea are already on it and the Interoperability Network is on this allowing patching of agencies.

Still show in VHF for now:

I think I would find the OKWIN towers closest to you and put in those frequencies for the P25 OKWIN and do some searching of talk groups.
Or if feeling brave - email one of those people on the FCC record to see if they have any changes to their frequencies.

Sorry hope this helps some.
Thanks for your reply, but I'm looking for someone who actually has ears on as there are several options as to systems they could have migrated too. Okwin, Rogers County DMR or Claremore NXDN.

KF5FHU

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply, but I'm looking for someone who actually has ears on as there are several options as to systems they could have migrated too. Okwin, Rogers County DMR or Claremore NXDN.

VPD is still on 151.4525, They have not changed systems or frequencies. The county purchased approximately 1-2 million dollars worth of used Harris 800mhz radios and repeaters back in 2016/17. Since then they have been waiting to locate a tower site on the north end of the county to help with coverage. It took until the end of 2019 into early 2020 for them to locate a location and its now going through the approval phase. It will be around another 1-2 years before we start to see the system online if we are lucky. They have promised every year since it was purchased to have it online.

As for why your not hearing them now, they aren't running much power and their radios along with Inola PD, NWFD, and depending on what part of the county RCSO is at when they key up barely get out to the dispatch center.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I had recently caught some VPD traffic on tac 2 158.9025 going thru the area last week.

peterjmag

Yes and most likely Phase 2 and possibly added to the current BA, Bixby, Jenks, Glenpool and Wagoner County system. Will just have to wait and see. Here is a link to that discussion.

OK956

Yeah I posted to what I think was one of your other threads earlier about Rogers Co but it's good info to share here as well.

Spoke to RCSO today and their office is looking to go to OKWIN hopefully in January. I was going to buy the DMR upgrade for Rogers but at this point I'll just wait.

peterjmag

Glad they are considering OKWIN. A tower in Chelsea will be good. I wonder if they can get one at RSU as well? Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.