Verdugo fire and La county fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

I Just brought my scanner back into action and notice a couple interesting things.I had Verdugo program in but nothing came up this morning between 8:30 am and 9:15 am. La country fire was working fine with the exception of BLUE 8. Where any frequencies changed recently? As of a year and a half ago, things were fine. What is going on with this?

I Just brought my scanner back into action and notice a couple interesting things.I had Verdugo program in but nothing came up this morning between 8:30 am and 9:15 am. La country fire was working fine with the exception of BLUE 8. Where any frequencies changed recently? As of a year and a half ago, things were fine. What is going on with this?

A couple of changes, indeed.

1) Blue 8 is still the dispatch channel for LACoFD. The TRO for the San Gabriel Valley is no longer Blue 6; it's now Blue 5.

2) Verdugo can be picked up on the P25 Phase 1 system however, I've heard it on on the Montebello Type II system.

Paul

PaulNDaOC

I recently heard Verdugo dispatch simulcast on 154.37 as the database correctly shows.

I recently heard Verdugo dispatch simulcast on 154.37 as the database correctly shows.

That's correct. Verdugo has had the Green simultcast for years, and it's still up and running. That will allow you to hear Red 1 traffic, but you'll have to program the full ICIS system in order to follow incidents onto other "Red" channels. One other note is the analog/conventional XLC Access channel at 470.36250. You'll often hear outside agencies in this channel whenever they're responding to assist Verdugo agencies; it's also the E-Trigger channel.

Engine104

Member since 2005
That's correct. Verdugo has had the Green simultcast for years, and it's still up and running. That will allow you to hear Red 1 traffic, but you'll have to program the full ICIS system in order to follow incidents onto other "Red" channels. One other note is the analog/conventional XLC Access channel at 470.36250. You'll often hear outside agencies in this channel whenever they're responding to assist Verdugo agencies; it's also the E-Trigger channel.

Do they turn 154.370 on only during mutual aid responses? I programmed it into both of my handheld scanners and I don't hear anything in the western SFV, even when Verdugo Red 1 is broadcasting on ICIS.

scottyhetzel

Verdugo 154.370 TX from top of arcadia....basically chantry flats.... it use to be Arcadia fire main freq. before ICIS transition. West SFV would be a hard shot....there is Pasadena hills and verdugo peak in the way. So I would say no. The VHF is in place so mutual aid department can communicate in the event of a fire near the foothills..

PaulNDaOC

The signal footprint is likely smaller now on 154.37 due to FM narrowbanding. I hear it loud and clear in the SG Valley but nada when south of the Puente Hills.

FMN has not been kind to the scanner enthusiast.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I hear the simulcast on 154.370 often in Cerritos. Quite loud hear using my 2 meter/440 MHz antenna up on roof. If I have that programmed to monitor, get frequent hits. Can also easily hear inside house on any of my portables with an RH77CA antenna.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Verdugo 154.370 TX from top of arcadia....basically chantry flats.... it use to be Arcadia fire main freq. before ICIS transition. West SFV would be a hard shot....there is Pasadena hills and verdugo peak in the way. So I would say no. The VHF is in place so mutual aid department can communicate in the event of a fire near the foothills..

Ok. Thanks.. Probably too many mountains in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.