TRX-2: Verifying Data??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
I got the 2 GB Transcend and swapped out my 4GB...boot up is faster but the verifying data is still about 15-20 seconds...I used the ez scan formatter...should I be partitioning and/or formatting differently?
Thanks
TC

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
I got the 2 GB Transcend card and swapped out my 4GB...Boot is faster but the verify data is still 15-20 seconds...I only have about 88 MB of data and I don't record. Should I reformat to a 512k partition. If so what is the preferred file method FAT16, FAT32, NTFS?

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
I formated a 2GB card with a 512k partiton using fat16 and 32k clusters
boot is immediate but verifying files is still taking 24 seconds!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I use a 2 GB SD Card, with 1,700 objects and 9,000 Radio ID's programmed and the scanner is up and running under 15 seconds. Despite what you argue, you have a SD card issue. I use SanDisk cards.

If you have the latest firmware and DSP update on a Whistler WS or TRX scanner then you know that this is no longer the case. No SD card issue, they changed the way the scanner handles the file system. If you are really up and running in 15 seconds you do not have the latest firmware (Whistler has confirmed this is the way it works now days).

Status
Not open for further replies.