TRX-2: Verifying Data??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusabacus

Hi

Why does it take so long to verify data at startup and then ages to prepare data to scan?

I have 1700 conventional frequencies only but it takes nearly 3 minutes to actually start scanning the 5 scan sets i have!!??

Also , when you go back from scanning to main menu , then scan again it has to prepare it all again!!! Another 3 minutes wait.

If this is the norm then this is an appalling design flaw.... Worse than a 1980's scanner tbh

Nasby

Three minutes? Really? I'd like to see a video of that. I don't believe it.

marcusabacus

The size of the card doesnt matter with verifying data its the initialization that the card size matters.

Ive used the supplied 4gb and 512mb and the verifying data time is the same , if this is the norm the scanner then thats appalling!

Why does it need to verify everytime you go from menu back to scan?

Seriously thinking about getting rid of radio if this doesn't change.

mikey60

If it's taking that long to go into scan mode, you might want to consider reformatting the SD card and reload your configuration onto it. My normal V-Scanner folder has thousands of objects (large number of radio IDs primarily) and only takes about 10-15 seconds to enter scan mode.

Mike

marcusabacus

Tried different cards , all formatted through pc application and organised but no difference :-(

Same happened on ws1098 as well.

TAbirdman

You didn't say what version Firmware you have on the radios. Have you updated them recently?

Swipesy

I use a 2 GB SD Card, with 1,700 objects and 9,000 Radio ID's programmed and the scanner is up and running under 15 seconds. Despite what you argue, you have a SD card issue. I use SanDisk cards.

marcusabacus

I've tried 7 different cards , all sandisk , all sizes and followed instructions to format etc.

Not a card issue

marcusabacus

Just timed it again 2mins 55 seconds after hitting scan button , preparing.....please wait .

Go in to menu then hit scan button 2mins 55 seconds , preparing again ffs

Ubbe

My TRX-2 takes about 10 seconds to prepare one scan set with 15 scanlist with a total of 300 conventional channels and 2 trunked DMR systems with 20 channels and 20 TGs.

If I enable the rest of the empty scanlists (Scan sets ignore scan list enable setting) it takes 20 sec to
do a preparing, going from menu to scan.

The 300 conventional channels take 6 sec to scan (50ch/s) The trunked system miss 75% of calls without dwell time. If dwell time is set to scan each trunked channel three times it only miss 10% of the calls, if the channels are totally noise free. The slighest noise on a trunked DMR channel will not decode at all.

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
I detect people may be talking about two different things here -- one being the "Verifying Data" process when the radio is first powered up. The other is later when you hit Scan and/or toggle scanlists.

marcusabacus

Verifying data is fine , quick on 512mb , slower on 4gb.

Its the "preparing... please wait" when you select to scan - its taking nearly 3 minutes to prepare 5 scan lists with 1751 conventional frequencies in (nothing else programmed in)

I guess it must be my data list as i have 1900 frequencies on spead sheet but only 1751 are being uploaded to pc software???

Swipesy

I guess it must be my data list as i have 1900 frequencies on spead sheet but only 1751 are being uploaded to pc software???

When you use a spreadsheet to load EZScan be absolutely certain that the spreadsheet is formatted exactly as EZScan expects it. If you have spaces where there should not be or the wording of the field is incorrect, EZScan will ignore the data from the spreadsheet that s not formatted correctly.

marcusabacus

Ive loaded fewer conventional frequencies in and its quicker , it seems that the more frequencies in the longer it takes... I'm going to email Whistler to see if this is correct.

I hope they will change the verifying data every time you go from menu to scan as its been verified already and doesn't really need to be verified again if nothing has changed!

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have Whistler 1098 and noticed the same thing on initial bootup...I just recently updated firmware which is when it seemed to get much slower. Has anyone heard anything from Whistler on this?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
2:55?! sounds to me like you used zip code "black hole" programming and every time you change a setting or start up the scanner you'll have to go through the ENTIRE zip code frequencies that it loaded. I did this one time for amusement using Cook County IL and it's about a 5 minute loading time before it finally starts scanning. For each change of a setting it has to ramp up again for that amount of time. It's hilarious. I didn't see up there if you had your own scanlists or if you used the zip code method. Yeah. Lots of data takes time to load. I have a 4 and 32gb microSD card with the same data on them. Neither one takes 2:55 to load up. The difference is very small. That's why It sounds like a zip code load to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.