Vermillion county DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

The Vermilion Co 154.755Mhz DMR system is listed in the DB as color code 4. I believe I've been receiving this system 115 miles away, in eastern Indiana, for the past 2-3 weeks with color code 14. Can somebody closer to Vermillion county verify the color code?

west-pac

I just found another. Danville 151.055Mhz, the DB shows CC 7, and I'm receiving CC 11, TG101, RID 911002.

west-pac

They've changed it multiple times in the last year. I'll have to look through notes, but keep an eye on it.

Along those lines, is OTAP available on DMR? All of the TGs I've seen have been 'BP' ENC, having a rolling Color Code could add another layer of securing. Not knowing exactly how OTAP works, I wonder how feasible it would be to change the Color Code routinely.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
Vermilion county is currently cc14 which according to my notes was also in September. And my September visit Danville was also CC 11 with a couple new talkgroups.

I apologize I get behind in my notes as I'm too busy working and don't get a chance to get everything updated quickly enough

west-pac

I personally no nothing of, nor have ever heard of OTAP. So I can't help there.

OTAP is Over The Air Programming. It's where they don't physically have to touch the radio to program it. I did some research, and OTAP is available on DMR. Basically they decide to switch Color Codes, push the programming out over the air, and when the officers turn on their radio it reprograms them to the current settings.

ducksoup65

I am in Crawford County and Danville is pounding Jasper County on 151.055

I'm guessing they have made a change in the last 90 days or so.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Has the talkgroup info been submitted to Radio Reference?
Couldn't find the subcategory in the SC21 database for Jasper County because it was not in alphabetical order. The correction has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.